PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have Beyond Good & Evil?

Raichu86
01-20-2004, 05:57 PM
I got Beyond Good & Evil for GameCube yesterday. It was only $20 at Circuit City. I must say, it's an amazing game. It's got elements of stealth, action adventure, and RPG in it. The graphics are top notch, the sound is incredible (has voices, too), and the gameplay is fun and interesting.

If you don't have it, I'd recommend getting it. It's available for PS2 and XBox, too, but take note that the PS2 version isn't as good according to GameSpot. The price is down to $20 at some places due to lack of sales. For some reason, people didn't pounce on it when it came out. It's gotten good reviews (http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/gamecube/beyondgoodandevil/), so people might catch on and the price might go back up.

If you do have it, what do you think? I couldn't be happier with it.

vegeta1215
01-21-2004, 03:58 AM
I really wanted to play this game, as well as Prince of Persia: Sands of Time and XIII, but the Blockbuster Video near me doesn't carry any of these games for the Gamecube! They carry the PS2 and X-Box versions, but no Gamecube ones. In fact, their Gamecube selection is pretty lacking overall. How fair is that? No wonder the Cube has the image of having only games for kids. How are we supposed to make judgements about prospective "more adult" game purchases if we can't rent the games?!?

btw, I heard Beyond Good and Evil takes up a lot of memory card space. Is that true?

Raichu86
01-21-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by vegeta1215
btw, I heard Beyond Good and Evil takes up a lot of memory card space. Is that true?
Nah, it only takes a mere 55 blocks on the GameCube version. The box says 20, but it uses 55. :odd:

vegeta1215
01-21-2004, 04:28 PM
Really? Huh, must've been a misprint in Nintendo Power, cause they said it takes 160 or so :confuse2:

Orion
01-21-2004, 09:30 PM
Yeah, I think the game is alright, its got enough originality to it. I haven't played it much, but I think if I had time to sit down with it I would really enjoy it. It just makes me mad that I bought the thing for $40, and a week later they dropped the price to $20.