PDA

View Full Version : Needing help with 187

KingArthur
01-20-2004, 01:12 AM
whee.. I just got it.. and now I need to know how to use some stuff

-How do i set the sesolution of my windowed zquest and zelda?
-How do I use the Link tile editor and the the item modifiers.
-Are freeform dungeons working? and if so how do I do it?
-How do I get the Jwin style zquest?
-Where are all the new rules mentioned in the updates thread? lol

If I think of anything more I'll add 'em on... thanks

Blonde799
01-20-2004, 02:01 AM
-How do I use the Link tile editor and the the item modifiers.
Select an item you want to mod link tiles with. Then make a new set of link tiles somewhere(make sure it's away from the default stuff, but close enough to make the modding easier). Then, go to that item and type the number that adds to link's current tile location, and results in going to the next set of tiles. For example, link's current tile location is 4, and his new tiles are at 4000. Just type in 3996. It'll take some getting used to. Then in-game, have link get the item.

Uh, turn the rule on, and don't use doors in your dungeons?:p

-How do I get the Jwin style zquest?
You mean the windows one in the screenshots? You pay attention to the beta reports, but not the beta forum? If you read an update topic in this forum, DN said he doesn't know when another beta/alpha will be available.

-Where are all the new rules mentioned in the updates thread? lol
See last question.

bigjoe
01-20-2004, 05:44 AM
Actually, he's pulling our legs. The reason he's taking so long is because he's CODING ZC TO OPEN A PORTAL TO AN ALIEN SPACESHIP!!! AAAAAH!

*cough*

Need ... beta.... needbeta

Raichu86
01-20-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Blonde799
Uh, turn the rule on, and don't use doors in your dungeons?:p
Actually, you can still use doors. However, you'll need to layer your overpasses (or make their combo type "overhead"). All Freeform Dungeons does is make the outer tiles of dungeons not be overhead automatically, and remove the upper barrier at the top of the screen (keeps Link's head "below" the top wall).