PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Duality bug? undead tree

mooshki
01-19-2004, 04:42 PM
I'm playing HD Director's Cut. There's a screen with a warp in Galea at the far left, second down from the top (two left from Level 5 entrance). I can't get to the warp because the tree on top of it refuses to die -- when slashed, it just regenerates itself. Anyone know if there's a version out there that fixes this bug?

Thanks!

DarkFlameWolf
01-19-2004, 06:04 PM
well duh, after checking it, the bush doesn't respond to anything but the Magic sword or above. Besides, it only leads to an optional dungeon anyway that contains the master sword. So you best get the magic sword and slash that bush. The tree in front of the bush is a fake. Look at it via the lens of truth.

mooshki
01-19-2004, 06:34 PM
Sorry, thought I'd checked everywhere for the magic sword. I'll look again. Thanks!

DarkFlameWolf
01-20-2004, 03:20 AM
well, like ALL classic Zelda Quests, the master sword is in the graveyard.

mooshki
01-20-2004, 01:12 PM
I am a dope -- I had been to the magic sword, and I thought I had picked it up but I hadn't really. D'oh! I've played quests with four swords, so I thought that one was a second-level sword that came before the magic sword, but in reality I hadn't picked it up at all because I didn't have the heart containters when I was there. This is what comes of watching tv at the same time I'm playing Zelda.

And I'm sorry about the bush thing -- I didn't know that some bushes only respond to higher-level swords.

Now that I'm done, I have to say that your quest is AWESOME. It took me forever to finish, which is good because I enjoyed playing it so much.

Thanks for helping out an amateur.