PDA

View Full Version : DivX users help me plz

mike5000
01-19-2004, 02:20 AM
Im just full of problems :D

I got a video I want to play and its for DivX player. The video playes for 8 seconds then stops. I went to thier tech support and they have addressed the issue and a fix, but none of that has worked for me. some of the things i did was get rid of the Nimo codec pack, Install the latest version of ffdshow, and dissabled smooth video. The video still wont get past that part.

My guess is that I have a problem with my MPEG4 files, so has anybody gone threw this and found a fix for it, and does anybody know of a GOOD Codec pack. (not Nimo's)

Gerudo
01-19-2004, 10:08 AM
although nobody else will say this, Quicktime is a good MP4 player... once you register it i think... eh... :shrug:

other than that, i dont know...

please keep the 'quicktime sucks' comments to yourself, it worked for me

mike5000
01-19-2004, 02:39 PM
The video was made for DivX tho.. I emailed them so its just a matter of time till they tell me what to do. On there tech support page they really downplayed Nimo's and Klite's codec packs (which I had!) so I unistalled those, and am looking for different codec packs.

Ich
01-19-2004, 08:22 PM
http://download.divx.com/divx/DivX511Bundle.exe

Try using that Codec bundle. That's what I have.

AtmaWeapon
01-19-2004, 08:56 PM
All Nimo's codec pack ever did for me was crash players. I highly recommend avoiding codec packs and fetching a tool like AVI Codec or Gspot and then searching for the individual codecs you need. That way when one causes a conflict, you know exactly which codec to uninstall.