PDA

View Full Version : can anyone tell me where to find my LTTP tiles?

Orion
01-19-2004, 12:42 AM
I know this seems stupid asking for a copy of my own tileset, but does anyone know where I can find it? I don't have a copy of it with me at college, and I would like to get a start on finishing them.

Yoshiman
01-19-2004, 12:54 AM
Right here. (http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=tilesets&id=5)

Version 2.3, right?

Orion
01-19-2004, 12:54 AM
Thanks (no idea what version I was on, been too long :P)!

Dart Zaidyer
01-19-2004, 01:39 AM
Here's a tip, when you get around to it: Fix the sprites. You've blazed the trail so far and it would be a shame to keep blazing only to do it backwards, upside-down, and sideways.

There's SOOOOOOO many ways the sprites can be better and truer to the original game, and I've proven it already by having done it.
Link needs the most significant work out of them all. In fact, I ought to release my version to show how much can be changed...

Orion
01-19-2004, 03:17 AM
Would you like to show me what you have done so far? Maybe then I'll have a better idea of what you are talking about.

Dechipher
01-19-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Orion
Would you like to show me what you have done so far? Maybe then I'll have a better idea of what you are talking about.

Translation: Put your money where your mouth is. :P

Dart Zaidyer
01-19-2004, 11:57 AM
This will probably suck up the rest of my pathetic Tripod bandwidth cap, but it's the only webspace I have.

http://dart_zader.tripod.com/ultraminilttplink1.gif

If it doesn't let you view it directly because it wants to be a jerk, just go to the main page (now horribly outdated) and back again.

Anyway, that's Link, as of last week. Based on your palette setup. Also, all the graphics there which can appear on the HUD, including magic, selection, frame, and Map, all use CSet 1. (I think. I may have changed it to do that after taking that shot later on.)
At any rate, it's completely grabbable, so feel encouraged to use it. I'll be submitting it to PureZC soon.

Orion
01-19-2004, 04:14 PM
Alright thanks. Are there any other immediate issued that should be addressed? I'm thinkin about goin a quick release next week (if I hopefully still have my ORGANIZED combo page somewhere at home) to fix everything thats wrong right now, and then goin in and finishing up the dark world stuff.

So... if there is anything anyone wants to see changed, done, or added, now would be a good time to say something. Also, is ZQuest 192b still the most recent version to be publically working with or should I be using something newer? Thanks...

Dart Zaidyer
01-19-2004, 07:27 PM
I've also got an entire tile page of sprites. They're also much more accurate than the ones out there now, especially the swords.
Here it is, same deal as with Link and the HUD:

http://dart_zader.tripod.com/ultraminilttpsprites1.gif

Almost everything there uses CSet 11. The sword icons use CSet 1 for higher accuracy. And of course, the Faerie uses CSet 7, and the walking in stuff and debris for bushes/grass/flowers (flowers replaced by pots, but be careful: The pot debris isn't from LttP, and I haven't had the chance to update that tile yet) are formatted for a different palette layout, so they'll require recoloring. Oh, and don't forget that grass debris uses the same colors as green stones.

You should also consider correcting the level palettes to match LttP. This can be done either by examining a screenshot taken with ZSNES or using Hyrule Magic to get the info directly from the ROM. Either way, you can simply divide the R, G, or B value by 4 to get a ZQuest equivalent.
You may also want to use palette cycling to make CSet 5 usable for drawing tiles, as LttP has more colors per level than just 3 CSets' worth. This is actually important for things like the light coming in from a cave or dungeon entrance, because that's about the only way to duplicate them.

And, it wouldn't hurt to credit me for these tiles in some fashion. After all, they've saved you the work. =)

Orion
01-20-2004, 03:05 PM
Yeah I always give credit for other tiles that I use, so I will certainly give credit for whatever tiles I decide to use from these.

But again, is there a later version of ZC I could/should be using? The one I have currently doesn't even support things like boss doors and the updated Link sword slashing. I'm not sure if something has publically been released since I have been gone or not. I'm not a beta tester anymore so I really don't know. Can anyone tell me which I should be using?

Dart Zaidyer
01-20-2004, 03:24 PM
1.92 beta 183 is the most recent public beta available. Unfortunately, ZQuest is still stuck at 182, littering hard drives everywhere with junk nothing-files.