PDA

View Full Version : Find a penny, pick it up...

Kryten
01-13-2004, 12:12 AM
So last week I was cleaning out my closet for moving into my new apartment (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77477), and I came across an old bucket that I used to put change in that I found/collected/"acquired" when I was young.
Thinking it was about time to chash in on my childhood savings, I tried to carry the bucket out of the closet. The handles broke.
With much labor (and grunting), I was able to carry/push the bucket out of the closet.
Little did I know that my ~12 years worth of collecting weighed in at a modest 67lbs (yah, I don't work out :tongue:).
Luckily I was smart enough to have counted and wrapped all those coins as I deposited them in the bucket. I don't think I could find the time to do that all now.
So after a few mins, I sorted out and totalled the following piles of petty change:

Pennies 170 rolls x 50¢ = $85 52 lbs
Nickels 23 rolls x $2 = $46 9 lbs
Dimes 9 rolls x $5 = $45 1 lb
Quarters 18 rolls x $10 = $180 5 lbs
-------- --------- ---- ------
Total 220 rolls $356 67 lbs

It also took a good 2 hours to mark each one of those 220 rolls with my account number so the bank will accept it.

Looking back at it now, it seems like it should have come out to more, but then that isn't a bad sum to get out of a childhood hobby.
Now I think I'll go buy the child in me a nce new GC and PS2. Oh, and one of those new SP GBA's.
Anyone looking for an "old" purple GBA?

Dracula
01-13-2004, 12:21 AM
Here's a better idea... Mail it all to me (you could find my address in the X-mas card thread) so I can get myself that guitar that the fat fuck Santa didn't get me. :eyebrow:

inori
01-13-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Dracula
Here's a better idea... Mail it all to me (you could find my address in the X-mas card thread) so I can get myself that guitar that the fat fuck Santa didn't get me. :eyebrow:

By the time he got done mailing it to you, he'd have spent it all on postage. :blah: