PDA

View Full Version : combo cycling on layers! & shown in zquest!

idontknow
01-11-2004, 10:28 AM
We definately need combo cycling to be shown in zquest! Right now, i have a very complex series of cycling combos in order to make a fireball jump up from the lava & hit link, in my volcanoe level. To do this is very difficult because A. I have to close in & out of zquest & zeldaclassic millions of times to test the series to make sure each combo goes smoothly, which apparently is failing me so far and B. I have to overlap the fireballs on all combos where I want the fireball to go over. I'd like to have the fireball on a layer, however, combo cycling does not occurr on layers but it definately MUST! Its a must for everyone who tries things like this, or for those who want to make a custom boss. Please make cycling shown in zquest & allow combo cycling to function on layers, as I do not see any reason why this can't be.

DarkFlameWolf
01-11-2004, 01:55 PM
seeing how combo cycling works finally, I will admit that it may be a bit hard to make them appear in Zquest, you are probably asking too much for the next beta or the next final complete version and will probably have to wait for a complete overhaul of the engine to see those.

idontknow
01-11-2004, 02:41 PM
well, i don't see whats the big deal with at least making combos on layers cycle--i mean, layers don't really use that much different of data--you put combos on layers, they have the same colors and also the walkability on layers 1 & 2 even effect link! so why do combos on layers not cycle, if when the same combos are not put on a layer? it just doesn't make sense--i can see how having combos cycle in zquest may be buggy, but that would be nice also so i wouldn't have to shut down zquest everytime i have a string of combos to test out

Raichu86
01-11-2004, 08:13 PM
Actually, I'm pretty sure that no combo types are respected on layers. Just tiles.

Edit: But the odd thing is, eyeball combos are respected on layers... but they don't work right.

idontknow
01-11-2004, 08:34 PM
I know that...i never said anything about combo types taking effect on layers, but they're walkability matters on layers 1 & 2. Even if the combo type can't take effect on layers, the combos should cycle anyhow. This way, you can make like a fireball on layer 2 fly over different obstacles. Then put a damage combo that looks like the ground on layer 0 and cycle it to an identical damage combo that shows up underneath the fireball when the fireball is on a walkable space that link can hit so that he can get hurt by it.