PDA

View Full Version : burning debris & such

idontknow
01-10-2004, 06:25 PM
does anyone have any tiles for a volcanoe, specifically burning debris, lava/magma, fire, sparks, steam, traps, smoke, or those jet flames you often see in games? also, what would you suggest i use for the "walls"? (i'm using the puretileset, but any tiles will do, as i could always recolor them) For now, i'm just using the cave tiles with a custom pallette (which isn't too shabby)

ShadowTiger
01-10-2004, 10:17 PM
Current Projects List:
* Neverwinter Nights: Traps, Trap Explosions.
* Bear Clamps.
* Lava Shoots.

I'll tell you when it's ready. And yes, it's all for the Pure.

J.J. Maxx
01-11-2004, 09:57 AM
The latest version of the pure set has a bunch of lava/magma tiles. Might be a good place to start.

idontknow
01-11-2004, 10:44 AM
Well, the set i have has "lava" but it really doesn't do me much good--i like the puretileset, but its lava doesn't suit me for a volcanoe type level. I'm not sure but i think i'm gonna have like an overworld kind of volcanoe area with traps and such but have the actual level with the triforce be a fire temple in this area. Anyone have any suggestions for me?

ShadowTiger
01-11-2004, 02:24 PM
Maybe you could describe the kind of traps that you are talking about.

And if you say "the traps that hurt you" I WILL kill you. :glare:

idontknow
01-11-2004, 02:47 PM
i don't really have any in particular, I just want some "booby traps" so to speak in my fire temple. Actually, one particular trap that interests me is the kind where its like a vent or something in the wall & every so often fire blows out of it (i think they call 'em "Fire Jets") I haven't seen it anywhere but I'd like to use them, i just don't know how to make tiles for them. I have figured out however, how to make fireballs jump out from the lava, very tedious work because i can't test it in zquest and because i can't have combos cycle on layers so the fireball need to be overlapped on all tiles that it appears to go over and I need corresponding combos for them as well. (It takes about 40 combos if the fireball is to go 4 tiles high & then back down) I also made burning rocks by overlapping part of the fire tiles with the small rock tile (the one used for octorok rocks)

ShadowTiger
01-11-2004, 03:04 PM
Ah. As for those shooting up fires, Mr. Z has got some great ones in his Pure Set Upgrade. Go download it from his Pure Set Upgrade in his freewebz account in his Signature. It'll be there. He's got GREAT jumping fireballs in there. You can use their template if you want.

idontknow
01-11-2004, 03:38 PM
I don't see any "shooting up fires" in there--i see the fireballs, but i already have some & spent plenty of time making them. Can you tell me why i might not be seeing them, like maybe they're hiding in with something else--what tiles are they near? what exactly do they even look like? (the jet flames)

ShadowTiger
01-11-2004, 03:44 PM
Ah. .. well. let's see.. OK. First of all, those fireballs, are everywhere. Yeah, those fireballs from Mario. Right. I take it you don't need those?

Then I'll have to make some Rise Of The Triad Flame Jet Traps instead. I'll give you some of the stuff. Are you working with the ALTTP walls, or the Pure set walls already provided? I suppose it's just easier to work with them that way in the standard pure configuration.

OK.. I'll tell you when I've got the stuff ready. I just have to finish my Seung Mina Sprites and weapons, and I'll be ready to go.

idontknow
01-11-2004, 04:12 PM
ok, thanks!

ShadowTiger
01-11-2004, 04:30 PM
... alright then. :odd: I was expecting something a little more.. intuitive, than that, but .. alright then. And good luck with 2000 posts, IDK. :) It's a milestone. :thumbsup:

I'm also extending the offer of, if you show me a picture, I will attempt to draw it for you.