PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star PS2?

zed_cool
01-09-2004, 06:37 AM
When I read this it made me very sad.. A newspaper here says that a "new updated" version of Phatasy Star.

In the updated version their will be new graphics, not 3D, the same old 2D but a hell a lot better!!

New upfated mid-secuenses with anime-looking characters!!

Phantasy Star II and IV will also be realesed..

The worst part is that it will ONLY be released to PS2!!! :angry: What about us Gamecube players?? I have always loved Phantasy Star! And I wanted a new vesion of Phantasy Star!!..:cry:
I at least hope you PS2 player will be happy..

Master Ghaleon
01-09-2004, 11:04 AM
I'll def get this game :D

I loved Phatasy Star IV I think it was back in the sega genesis days. Hard but very nice game

Blonde799
01-09-2004, 02:36 PM
Must be one of those Sega Ages titles.

Basically, Sega's bringing back old games to the new generation with updated graphics and features, and for some, they go into 3D.

I saw the ages version of Golden Axe(that was in 3D), and it looked pretty cool. I can't wait to see what they do with Streets of Rage.:D

Cloral
01-09-2004, 03:00 PM
I've still got PS2 for my Genesis. But my controllers are broken, so I can't play it.

And notice they're not releasing PS3. Wonder why... :D

zed_cool
01-09-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Blonde799
Must be one of those Sega Ages titles.

Basically, Sega's bringing back old games to the new generation with updated graphics and features, and for some, they go into 3D.

I saw the ages version of Golden Axe(that was in 3D), and it looked pretty cool. I can't wait to see what they do with Streets of Rage.:D

Yeah, thats what they are called.. im really happy that the are reveving the series, but i really thought that they would revive it to everyone.. :(

Mak-X
01-09-2004, 07:10 PM
I think until recently it wasn't going to come to the U.S. at all. 1up.com has a few articles
http://www.1up.com/article2/0,4364,1371478,00.asp
http://www.1up.com/article2/0,4364,1395979,00.asp

There was a compilation of Phantasy Star 1-3 for GBA a several months back.
http://www.1up.com/article2/0,4364,1328550,00.asp

Archibaldo
01-09-2004, 09:35 PM
i hate it when games i want to get come out on consoles like Xbox or PS2. I was soooooo pissesd off when i found out Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic came out only on Xbox.:angry: same thing with Dead or Alive, Beach Volleyball

Daarkseid
01-09-2004, 10:13 PM
How about you stop bitching and either buy a PS2 or Xbox... Or be happy that you bought the GC for its Nintendo exclusives, which is what you bought that system for, wasn't it?

Metroid Prime, Wind Waker.. hell, even the RE series is currently GC exclusive(except for the Gun Survivor games, which are universally said to suck.. and maybe that RE online game that sounds weird).

And as for money issues, which I'm sure you would come back with in response to the idea of buying a second console... the PS2 is a three year old system, nearly 4 years in Japan. A brand new PS2 can run as low as 180 dollars, maybe even lower. And there are probably a good number of used PS2s out in the market now, which are much cheaper.

Or heres an idea, why not buy those Phantasy Star remakes anyway(Yes, thats right, you CAN buy games for systems you don't have), and wait for the PS2 to become dirt cheap, possibly as a result of the PlayStation3 release?

For the love of god, its not the end of the world.

zed_cool
01-10-2004, 06:52 AM
Now I know what to do! I'll trick a friend to buying it! Then i'll just borrow it! Im really smart.. or i'll just do as you said Daarkseid, buy it later.. But first of all i just got to get me the money, thats the big problem..

teddyboy420
01-10-2004, 04:54 PM
I fell in LOVE (Yes, I used the word love) with the Phantasy Star series way back in 1987 when the original Phantasy Star was released in America. The original Phantasy Star is, IMHO the best and most ground breaking game ever made. When I turned on my Sega Master System and started playing Phantasy Star, I was amazed by the game. Never before had I seen something like that, people say the original Zelda was groundbreaking, but not as much as the original Phantasy Star was. You can see things taken from Phantasy Star in most current RPG's, it defined the genre.

The rest of the games in the series were so-so, I really only played em to continue the story (which they kind of slaughtered). I'm not really surprised they aren't re-releasing Phantasy Star III, that game had so many holes in the story it wasn't funny. It was kind of cool how they allowed you to marry different people and have different families and stuff, but that was about the only good point of that game. Phantasy Star IV was, IMO the game that came closest to capturing the spirit of the first one, and it'll be fun to play again.

Mak-X
01-10-2004, 07:56 PM
Out of curiosity, I found a decent Phantasy Star fansite
http://www.phantasy-star.net/

AlexMax
01-10-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Cloral
I've still got PS2 for my Genesis. But my controllers are broken, so I can't play it.

And notice they're not releasing PS3. Wonder why... :D

It might have something to do with the fact that a different team did PS3....I think.

ANd although I havn't played that much retro Phantasy Star (I played 3 a tiny bit on emulator), Phantasy Star Online was/still is a blast. Best of all, it's on XBox and Gamecube, so you guys can get some Phantasy Star lovin' on those consoles too.

Fatty Lumpkin
01-10-2004, 09:50 PM
I'm just waiting for a direct port of Super Mario RPG to come out for the GBA.