PDA

View Full Version : OMG! "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named" is Mr. Bean!

ShadowTiger
01-08-2004, 07:12 PM
OMG! I just found out that Voldemort from the Harry Potter series will be played by Rowan Atkinson, star of the Mr. Bean series. He claims that he needs a break from the stereotype that he's a "funny" man, and would like to see himself in a crooked nose or whatnot.

I wonder how they will contrast this new Voldemort with the first movie, how they showed his "face" stuck on Quirrel's head-back.

Pablo
01-08-2004, 07:15 PM
That guy just keeps getting creepier and creepier...

ShadowTiger
01-08-2004, 07:25 PM
That guy just keeps getting creepier and creepier... .. :odd: .. Which guy? Voldemort, or Rowan Atkinson? :eyebrow: :laughing:

They're BOTH pretty weird, if you ask me. ... of course, ... Rowan is weird in a very good natured fashion, while I wish Voldemort would take a long walk off a short cliff, and fall before he reached another cliff, or large bird.

DarkDragoonX
01-08-2004, 09:07 PM
Huh, it seems appropriate somehow. Don't ask me why, as I'm not entirely sure myself.

Pablo
01-08-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Britannianhero4
.. :odd: .. Which guy? Voldemort, or Rowan Atkinson? :eyebrow: :laughing:
Atkinson scares the hell out of me. Just something about him...

zed_cool
01-09-2004, 06:12 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOO???? That can't be right? When I tried to picture Voldemort after reading the fourth book, he would have looked like a really large guy with lots of muscles, and that he looked really mean.. I just can't sit and look on Rowan without laughing :laughing: ... And if he is gonna play a evil role... I just might laugh even more!! :laughing:

inori
01-09-2004, 06:22 AM
I never did understand Mr. Bean very well... but then, I never did understand British television in general very well. :shrug:

deathbyhokie
01-09-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by zed_cool
I just can't sit and look on Rowan without laughing :laughing: ... And if he is gonna play a evil role... I just might laugh even more!! :laughing:

he actually has played a villian in a couple movies, and supposedly didn't do that bad of a job. i don't think he's that bad of a choice

zed_cool
01-09-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by deathbyhokie
he actually has played a villian in a couple movies, and supposedly didn't do that bad of a job.

He has? :odd: Well, he might make a god job, if he changes his voice from that "Mr Bean" voice to a more "villian" voice!

deathbyhokie
01-09-2004, 09:56 AM
IMDB entry for Rowan Atkinson
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000100/

theplustwo
01-09-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by inori
I never did understand Mr. Bean very well... but then, I never did understand British television in general very well. :shrug:

That is because Mr. Bean is not to be understood, it is to simply be absorbed, and laughed at, especially while drinking soda, so that the soda may spray out of one's nose.

ShadowTiger
01-09-2004, 04:29 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/world/newsid_3376000/3376933.stm Read On.

Scary stuff. I mean.. his entire career was a huge investment in comedy!

EDIT: I just heard that Rowan IS NOT accepting the role after all. Maybe it was his agent. Either way... wise decision.