PDA

View Full Version : saving GIFs help...

Brasel
01-07-2004, 03:59 AM
For some reason, every once in awhile, my computer doesn't want to save GIFs or JPGs that are displayed on a website as GIFs or JPGs, and instead just wants to save them as BMP files. This has happened on several computers of mine. It wouldn't bother me so much if the GIFs I was trying to save weren't animated.

It won't let me switch to gif in the drop box, and if I just title it and put ".gif" at the end of it, it won't stay animated.

Gerudo
01-07-2004, 05:24 AM
thats happens to me alot too...

what i do if i cant save something (gif's, jpg's, .swf files, etc), is just get the link (usually by viewing the source of the page, or right clicking and hitting the properties of the image), make a new .txt file, put <a href="urltoimage">text</a> then choose 'save as' and save the file as test.html

click the file, it'll open in your browser, right click the link, save as... viola...

quite a lengthy and stupid procedure... i guess...

im sure there is a much easier way to do this than my way, but for now, thats what works for me... :shrug:

Cloral
01-07-2004, 04:21 PM
Another thing to consider is that in IE you can copy the image data using the copy command. Then if you have some sort of imaging program (Painter works well for this), you can paste the image in and then save it in whatever format it was in originally. You may not always get the best results in the world, but it does work.