PDA

View Full Version : They're quite persistent, aren't they

jman2050
01-06-2004, 03:51 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/6086120

I wonder what an invisible non-working console will play like :P

Kairyu
01-06-2004, 04:49 PM
I'm still wondering when the hell this is going to fall apart. I wonder what sort of excuses will be used?

gdorf
01-06-2004, 04:57 PM
Well, considering that most of the parts are standard PC parts, I don't see any reason why they couldn't create their own console (read: modded pc) for the show.

pfft, anyone who falls for it now is a sucker. There is just too much evidence against it.

Gerudo
01-06-2004, 10:33 PM
and the most hilarious thing is:

if this thing turns out to be the real deal, pretty much 95% of the internet communuty will be eating thier words...

i am by no means believing in this heap, i think the above would be a funny scenario... :)

Master Ghaleon
01-07-2004, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Gerudo

if this thing turns out to be the real deal, pretty much 95% of the internet communuty will be eating thier words...

i am by no means believing in this heap, i think the above would be a funny scenario... :)

Same here :D

Warlock
01-07-2004, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Gerudo

Not really. Assuming the thing is not some elaborate hoax it's already been proven to be nothing more than a modded PC (and about that size to boot!). The CEO in charge of it was CEO at a number of companies that went bankrupt, and the whole thing has been fishy from the start (there are some great articles on ppl who tried to look into it and found crap like a mailbox where the offices were supposed to be, etc)

deathbyhokie
01-07-2004, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Warlock
The CEO in charge of it was CEO at a number of companies that went bankrupt, and the whole thing has been fishy from the start (there are some great articles on ppl who tried to look into it and found crap like a mailbox where the offices were supposed to be, etc)

but what does he have to gain from it? they're not getting that much in the way of publicity(i honestly can't tell you the name of the company that "makes" it), and if it's just a fake they're not going to make much in the way of money. any money they get from pre-orders they'll have to send back, or they'll face fraud and larceny charges. i really don't think this is going to pan out, but i can't see what they have to gain by doing this sort of thing