PDA

View Full Version : Din's Fire Combos (actually 2 suggestions)

Tygore
01-05-2004, 09:41 PM
First: a combo that is triggered by Din's Fire. It would use the next Combo in the line, much like the hammer does. Now, the second suggestion, that brings it all into focus:
Screen Flag: Trigger all combos-> Secret (and/or Item). A "triggerable" combo would be defined as any combo that can be altered by taking an action against it, such as hammer, lock block, slash (and its multiple variations), and the aforementioned Din's Fire. The reason for Din's Fire is for a puzzle like the opening to the Shadow Temple in OoT. (Stand in one spot, light all torches at once.)

idontknow
01-06-2004, 04:11 PM
Well, you can just make it so that if you stand in a certain spot, you burn multiple burn flags at once. However, this suggestion is talking about triggering combos, and flags cannot be triggered seperately. However, you could make a "burn" combo which is just like the burn flag, except it is a combo property and all burn combos would be burned seperately, but i suppose a din's fire combo wouldn't be all that bad, especially if you wanted to make it something other than fire. Actually, i'm not sure if that's possible, as you can edit the fireball you throw in the air. The flames that disperse when it comes back down & forms a ring around link is the same as the candle flame i think. There should be another sprite to change that

Tygore
01-06-2004, 11:49 PM
Was that all one sentance?

idontknow
01-08-2004, 03:57 PM
no, but who the hell cares? is this fuckin grammar class? i dont like using periods--i always use -- or ... to seperate "sentences"--don't know why

Raichu86
01-08-2004, 07:34 PM
You should care if you want people to be able to understand what you're saying. This is not grammar class, but you have a grammar class so that you can learn to communicate. I gave up on reading your original post due to it not being structured in an understandable manner. :shrug:

Those sound like good additions to me, Tygore. You could almost do the Din's Fire -> Door Open effect from OoT with what we have now, but since all we have is burn combos, any candle flame would trigger all of the burn combos, opening the door.

On a similar note, it might be a good idea to make the Din's Fire combo require all Din's Fire combos to be touched by the flame at the same time for the secret to be activated. If not, Din's Fire could simply be used anywhere that some of the flame would hit the circle of torches, and still activate the secret.

idontknow
01-09-2004, 08:23 PM
fine then! I changed it so that my original post is "grammatically" correct, thank you very much!