PDA

View Full Version : Easiest GFX Pack

Lonemind
01-05-2004, 06:39 PM
What is the easiest Graphics Pack to use? I'm looking to set up a graphics pack to use and would like to take one apart so I can make one that everyone is able to use with ease. :)

*b*
01-05-2004, 07:01 PM
despite how much it's bene over-used, newfirst. it's easy, basic, and it's got more than 4 total colors :shrug:

Lonemind
01-05-2004, 07:11 PM
*laughs* :laughing: Ahh yes. That would be the easiest wouldn't it? I'll have to take a look at it again. I'm thinking I'll need to disect a set that is a bit more complex than that though. :p Anything that is a level above newfirst?

Kry
01-05-2004, 08:50 PM
I think PERSONNALY it goes
Classic
Newfirst
BS-Style
Pure
Secret Of Mana..... Thats the best I could think of...

CJC
01-05-2004, 09:11 PM
Actually in complexity I think it goes...

Classic (One Major Palette, and level palettes)

BS Zelda (Preset Palettes, complex combos)

Newfirst (Hard to Work with Palettes, GB graphics, Bad Combo
--------positions)

Pure/Descendent (Organized Combos, Little Customization
--------Space, Oddly bright Palettes, Pure overused)

Mixed Custom Set (Hard Palette Conversions, Crummy Combo
---------Placing)

Fully Custom Set (Too Much Planning, lots of Drawing.)

In my opinion, that's the levels of difficulty and graphic quality for the sets. As you go down, the graphics tend to get smoother and nicer, but the sets become harder to use. (Although I guess Mixed Custom and Fully Custom really aren't Graphics packs.)
I'd have to say a Mixed Custom is relatively easy to do. There's not a whole lot of spriting involved, and you get to place most of the combos yourself so it's easier to access by your means.

Lonemind
01-05-2004, 11:02 PM
Very cool. Thanks gentlemen. I'm gonna have to take a look at Pure. What I'm looking for really is a well orginized pack that I may build off of. I've got a bunch of palettes I want to reduce and would like an example of an easy Palette Set to use. Same with tiles and combos. I'd like for someone to be able to look at my set and not have heart palpatations just 'cuz there's so much to look at.
Oh, by the way, you mentioned there was a Secret of Mana tileset, KRY? Oh boy. I've been wanting one of those for ages. Is it full? Where might I obtain it? Who made it??

Cloral
01-06-2004, 03:11 PM
LttP is a rather difficult set to use, as all the landmarks and obstacles are very large. This can make effective placement of them very difficult.

Sephiroth
01-14-2004, 12:06 PM
I'm working on a tileset that uses newfirst as a base and I think it has come out pretty good.. If you want to see, go take a look at my latest demo of The Legend of LinkL andhis Return to Snortsia. Although the quest is passworded, you may play it.

Zelda_Warrior
01-24-2004, 01:28 AM
On my quest I am merging the Seasons tileset with the newfirst 182 tileset. I am going to add my own tiles of course. It's a pain to do that because newfirst obviously uses a diffrernt cset than a seasons tileset would.