PDA

View Full Version : about final fantasy XII

idontknow
01-04-2004, 12:47 PM
when does final fantasy XII come out in stores? also, will i need internet connection thru my ps2 in order to play it?

cap2030
01-04-2004, 01:34 PM
I think you mean ffXI.
I think it comes out in march,Hard drive is required but I think it comes with it,costs alot though.
and yes there's a monthly fee.

If you mean FFXII it's out already 50 bucks.Single player.

idontknow
01-04-2004, 02:34 PM
you mean FFX2, which is different than FFXII. FFX2 is out already, featuring Yuna & some other chicks--its the sequal to FFX. FFXII is Final Fantasy 12, which follows FFXI. I knew that FFXI required a hardrive or something to play, and i thought that came out already. I'm talking about FFXII, which might be another year or two away. I saw some screenshots from gamespot though--they don't say much about it..i was just kinda wondering if anyone's heard anything about it cuz i'd get it if it didn't require a hardrive

Mak-X
01-04-2004, 05:47 PM
This month's EGM feature on Final Fantasy XII said it doesn't have online play, and I don't remember any mention of the harddrive. I think FFXII is due to come out in Japan this year. I think in the Summer, I remember reading Square Enix is holding Dragon Quest 8 back because of this (so the two major releases aren't too close). I guess the usual time is about 5 months from the Japan release for the game to be localized and released in the U.S.?

Check www.1up.com for several articles and interviews
http://www.1up.com/search_results/0%2C4379%2C%2C00.asp?qry=final+fantasy+xii&site=all

Ian
01-04-2004, 05:48 PM
There's basically no info on FFXII around except for a few screenies that have been floating around for at least a year or more. Check out Square-Enix' website and see if there's anything about it there.

EDIT: :sweat: Maybe there is info on it. Meh, I never get EGM, so I wouldn't have known :shrug: