PDA

View Full Version : Is the Search Down?

Lonemind
01-04-2004, 04:54 AM
Hmmm... not sure where to put this post. I'll ask here I suppose. I've tried using the search program to find what I'm looking for in the forums but everytime I do it says I've no permission to access the page due to a moderator or something. Has the search been shut down??

Starkist
01-04-2004, 05:21 AM
Search has been disabled for several years now... :eyebrow:

Thunderbird
01-04-2004, 06:12 AM
Sounds like the error page could use some modifying, as it currently implies that search is enabled for some, but not everyone. Of course I realize that this is a generic error page, perhaps clicking the Search button should lead you to a page that simply says Search is disabled. At least it'll be clear that way :).

War Lord
01-04-2004, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by Thunderbird
Sounds like the error page could use some modifying, as it currently implies that search is enabled for some, but not everyone.

Perhaps it is.

inori
01-04-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Starkist
Search has been disabled for several years now... :eyebrow:

Several years? I must be getting old, then, given that I remember when it was disabled. :laughing:

Lonemind
01-04-2004, 01:43 PM
Ahhh, I see. Too bad, it made it easier to find things I was lookin' for. Oh well. Heh. Guess I haven't been here for a long time. ;) :p

Dechipher
01-04-2004, 01:56 PM
Or are really really unobservant...

Starkist
01-04-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by inori
Several years? I must be getting old, then, given that I remember when it was disabled. :laughing:

Meh, it was more than one year ago, I'm sure.

Originally posted by War Lord
Perhaps it is.

/me grins.

DarkDragon
01-04-2004, 04:36 PM
Yes, that page is new. It used to say "search has been disabled by an administrator" or something to that effect.

If you've reenabled search for the staff, why not allow members to use it, as well? Or would doing so impose an unreasonable load on AGN's bandwidth?

Goat
01-04-2004, 04:57 PM
Doing so would impose an unreasonable load on AGN's bandwidth :)

Ian
01-04-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DarkDragon
Yes, that page is new. It used to say "search has been disabled by an administrator" or something to that effect.

That happened because of the vB upgrade. That went away with everything else.

I wish we could bring it back somehow though. It was very convenient.

VEL
01-04-2004, 06:27 PM
I did some searching and found some topics where people where asking what happend to search and they where from the beginning of March 2003.

http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69664

http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69646