PDA

View Full Version : Buying Question

zed_cool
01-03-2004, 11:34 PM
Im thinking of buying a new hard rock/heavy metal album, anyone know a good album, i like metallica, so i would like something like them.. not to much "growling" but music you can enjoy?

vegeta1215
01-04-2004, 01:22 AM
New rock with no growling and music you can enjoy...I don't think those words were meant to go together, lol. And to tell you the truth, Metallica's music hasn't fit that category since the Black Album imo (with the exception of Garage Inc, which rocks)

I've been listening to System of A Down a lot. That guy screams (and growls) soooo good :D Their music isn't melodic or anything, its just hard. Plus they have a lot to say in their lyrics, esp about things going on today and the hypocrisy in the world. Good stuff.

linkofzelda1
01-04-2004, 02:57 AM
Toxicity is the best album by SOAD. The black album is the best by Metallica. Take your pick. :)

Pablo
01-04-2004, 03:07 AM
AC/DC is a great band, lots of shouting and craziness.

Powerman 5000 has a nice hard rock sound with dashes of techno and grunge.

Rammstein is a bunch of middle-aged Germans screaming and being generally insane while sounding awesome.

SOAD is okay...not too great in my opinion, but pretty good.

Master Ghaleon
01-04-2004, 03:15 AM
Rammstein
Acid Bath
White Zombie/Rob Zombie

zed_cool
01-04-2004, 10:48 AM
OK, thanks, i'll check out those when I get to the store. thanks

vegeta1215
01-04-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by linkofzelda1
Toxicity is the best album by SOAD. The black album is the best by Metallica. Take your pick. :)

That's debatable, lol. Both are the artists' "break through" albums, after which they started getting really popular. I'd say SoAD's self titled is their best, and Master of Puppets is Metallica's best (And Justice For All... is a close second)

Dechipher
01-04-2004, 04:34 PM
Agreed. MOP was the best. Toxicity was better than SOAD, in my opinion, mostly because of the guitar. However, The First album owned, SPIDERS, baby, yeah!
I would actually suggest getting Red Hot Chili Peppers. They're not metal, but they still own. I mean, how can you turn down wicked awesome punk music? Just don't get By The Way.

AC/DC Sucks. Plain and simple. All their songs sound alike, at least the ones I've heard. I think they have a few good songs, but overall, it's pretty repetitive.

vegeta1215
01-05-2004, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Dechipher
Toxicity was better than SOAD, in my opinion, mostly because of the guitar. However, The First album owned, SPIDERS, baby, yeah!

Spiders is good, my my favs from the self-titled cd are Suite-pee, Sugar, War?, and Mind. I love how Serj screams. Toxicity and Steal This Album are tied for me. Both have so many good songs. I really need to see SoAD live.

<--- btw, I hit 5000 posts for those counting :D

Ian
01-05-2004, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by vegeta1215
<--- btw, I hit 5000 posts for those counting :D

I was counting :p (actually, I just saw your posts at 4999 and was like "oh, when's he gonna post his 5k ?")

Anyways, if you're into Metallica, I'd go for the Black Album. Or try S&M, though, it'll cost you more, it's two CD's, and really great. It'll give you a taste of most of their CD's (I was sad that no Kill Em All songs were on it thouh. I <3 that CD) Other than that, I'd suggest MoP or Ride the Lighting. But I can't say MoP was their best. It was a great CD, but IMO, it didn't match teh BA.

zed_cool
01-05-2004, 10:37 AM
I have And Justice for All and Reload.. I have looked for some time now for the Black Album but I can't seem to find it.. But I bought Mater of Puppets and i really like it! But I'll continue to look for the Black Album.. Thanks! :D

deathbyhokie
01-05-2004, 10:43 AM
you might want ot look at trust co. very good music, with some screaming and some singing.

Rafnul
01-05-2004, 05:23 PM
Can't find the Black Album? I had the same problem... if you are looking for it in a store, that's because its not titled the "Black Album" It merely doesn't have a title on it... its just a Black CD case, and probably at the front of the store. Almost any self-respecting music store will have at least 15 copies of the Black Album readily available.

Ian
01-05-2004, 08:36 PM
It's self-titled, so just look for Metallica by Metallica (if you look really clsoe, you'll see a snake on the cover and Metallica in the top corner.)

Dechipher
01-05-2004, 09:35 PM
Wal-Mart has that many.

While Metallica doen'st have a best album, I must say MOP is my favorite.

zed_cool
01-06-2004, 01:44 PM
I think the reason why i cant find the Black Album, is becuse the people here in Sweden are crazy about Metallica! The Metallica albums i found where kill em all, ride the lightning and reload.. 4 of my friends wanted the black alum for christmas, none of em got it! Probably it has come back to the srores in februari, when all of the CRAZY CHRISTMAS SHOPPERS has cooled down..:laughing:

vegeta1215
01-06-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by zed_cool
I think the reason why i cant find the Black Album, is becuse the people here in Sweden are crazy about Metallica! The Metallica albums i found where kill em all, ride the lightning and reload.. 4 of my friends wanted the black alum for christmas, none of em got it! Probably it has come back to the srores in februari, when all of the CRAZY CHRISTMAS SHOPPERS has cooled down..:laughing:

My family and I tried to go to the stores the week after Christmas, that was a big mistake, lol. Things have started to quiet down now though in terms of Christmas shopping/returning.

Thats too bad that you can't find the Black Album in stores. I'd suggest online music services like the iTunes music store, but I doubt Metallica has songs on any of them. There's always online stores though!

zed_cool
01-06-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by vegeta1215
My family and I tried to go to the stores the week after Christmas, that was a big mistake, lol. Things have started to quiet down now though in terms of Christmas shopping/returning.

Thats too bad that you can't find the Black Album in stores. I'd suggest online music services like the iTunes music store, but I doubt Metallica has songs on any of them. There's always online stores though!

Yeah, i'll wait some time, then i'll check the stores again.. it can't take so long before they return..

Dechipher
01-06-2004, 09:55 PM
Or you could try Metallica.com...

zed_cool
01-07-2004, 06:28 AM
Can you buy metallica music from metallica.com? I should probably check that out.... Now I have checked it out... So, in a few days, the black album is coming home... Thanks Dechipher!!

:D