PDA

View Full Version : funny changing color...

eatyourneighbors
01-03-2004, 03:17 PM
so i continue to try and use zquest and zelda classic - and for some reason after about 10 seconds, it seems i'm having some horrible acid flashback...the entire program turns obscure pastel colors. doesnt seem to be affecting the functionality of things but its IMPOSSIBLE to work with. anyone know why this is happening? it seems to be in both ZQ and ZC.

i have the newest betas, and have been working on quests for a while on this same computer...this has never happened before.

phattonez
01-03-2004, 04:35 PM
maybe you need to put it in 256 colors? :confused: But I have it in high color and i dont have the problem.

eatyourneighbors
01-03-2004, 04:52 PM
nope its not that...its the strangest thing...it starts off fine, but as if on cue after about 10 seconds the colors just all get funky. last week i was working on zquest...this didn't happen at all. now i'm working on it, and it happens every time.

Lonemind
01-04-2004, 01:47 AM
Sound familiar. Kinda. Does your monitor "Switch Modes" or does it just change colors. Perhaps if you shut off your monitor and then turn it back on that will fix it? I've fixed mine that way before.

redmage777
01-15-2004, 01:19 PM
I had that Problem before too. I couldn't fix it in Zelda Classic, but in ZQuest is was fixed when I loaded/created a map, or mover to a screen with a differaint Palate. The problem was fixxed for good when my hard drive crashed and I reinstalled ZQuest after Reformating. It seems to be Layer-related... How I really don't know.

Blonde799
01-15-2004, 04:03 PM
I don't know what to say either, except to keep anything that may be popping up, like pop-ups and adware, off your computer(the cause of my color problem was pop-ups, and Norton Antivirus). Even after that, it may appear out of nowhere sometimes.

Verbatim
01-16-2004, 02:02 PM
If you're running anything old (say Windows 95 era), or if you're running your whole computer in 256 color mode, it'd be possible that another program is changing the palette...happened all the time on my old P120 when I was running in 256 colors...you could try switching to high-color mode (if you are running in 256 colors), or try killing extra programs (especially older ones) you might have running in the background, and disabling your screen-saver.

I've occasionally had problems with Diablo getting messed up recently, tabbing out of it and clicking back in usually restores the palette, you could give that a try too.

redmage777
01-17-2004, 02:49 PM
Windops XP, 1.2 Ghz processer... 24-bit color, No old programs running... when My Hard Drive Crashed I was installing a new video card that was completey installed right away when I finished reforting my hard drive so that could explain why it works fine now. I'm runnung 32-bit color now, but I don't think 24-bit or 32-bit would make a differance... I thought ZQuest used 16-bit color (256 at a time)

Sephiroth
01-19-2004, 12:14 PM
I have that problem too once in a while it just turns PINK and it looks really bad.. then whenever I try to edit a pallete, it shows it all wrong. I got this problem a couple tiles playing MM-DWR and it looked terrible. Is there a way to fix it? I run a 2.52 GHz Processor with 512 MB of ram. Is there a problem with that?