PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl XXXVIII - Round 1

Ganonator
01-03-2004, 12:28 AM
Its that time of year again (and y'all are thinking 'we just started this year.. wtf') where the best of athletic fury come together to battle for the ultimate goal: a win in the super bowl.

This year, it will be a little bit different. I list the 4 (or 2) games that are being played. If you correctly guess the winner, you get 1 point. There is no penalty for guessing wrong. I'll keep the top 5 point leaders in my sig, and the ultimate winner will be crowned AGNFL winner!

The cutoff for games will be right before the games are played, and edits made to the post will be checked for time. If you edit your post after the game is played, you are just not counted in the scores for that week.

Lets go:

This week, Wildcard Playoff Games -

Saturday, Jan. 3
Tennessee Titans at Baltimore Ravens 4:30p EST (ABC)
Dallas Cowboys at Carolina Panthers, 8:00p EST(ABC)

Sunday, Jan. 4
Seattle Seahawks at Green Bay Packers, 1:00p EST (FOX)
Denver Broncos at Indianapolis Colts, 4:30p EST (CBS)

------------------------------------------------------

Russ's Educated Picks:
The Ravens have looked good all year, and I would expect them to handle Tennessee and Eddie George with no problems.
Ravens, 24-14

Dallas doesn't quite have the same offense as they did years ago, and Carolina is stellar at home.
Carolina, 21-20

Dispite the Packers going 13-1 at Lambo field in the playoffs, I'll have to stick with my hometown pride and the Seahawks (Yes, I know Seattle has only won 2 games on the road this season).
Seattle, 14-3 :laughing:

The Broncos have had some great games this year against the Colts, and I wouldn't be surprised to see an AFC upset with the amazing Clinton Portis.
Broncos, 21-6

Paradox
01-03-2004, 12:49 AM
Titans beat Ravens, 24-21.
Steve McNair has played well all year even when he was injured. There's a reason he's in the Pro Bowl and he's Co-MVP.

Cowboys beat Panthers, 14-10.
The Cowboys have already beaten the Panthers this year, and you always have to put your faith in Bill Parcells.

Packers beat Seahawks, 31-14.
Seattle's only won twice on the road, and the Packers crushed them earlier this season. Brett Favre can always be counted on.

Colts beat Broncos, 27-20.
With Peyton Manning leading the team and Mike Vanderjagt making every field goal this season, it's hard to beat the 12-4 Colts.

Master Ghaleon
01-03-2004, 01:21 AM
Ravens win 24 - 13
Cowboys win 28 - 14
Packers win 28 - 3
Colts win 35 - 31

*b*
01-03-2004, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by Ganonator

The Broncos have had some great games this year against the Colts, and I wouldn't be surprised to see an AFC upset with the amazing Clinton Portis.
Broncos, 21-6

*adds Ganonator to 'likes' list* :thumbsup:, as I was born in colorado. go horsies :highfive:

Starkist
01-03-2004, 02:17 AM
Titans over Ravens, 27-20
Steve McNair has had a great year, and there's no reason for him to stop now.

Cowboys over Panthers, 21-20
Bill Parcells is back in the playoffs.

Seahawks over Packers, 35-28
:)

Colts over Broncos 21-10
Denver looked horrid against Green Bay last weekend, even if it was the backups.

AlphaDawg
01-03-2004, 11:40 PM
You mean there's football being played this week?

</gloating Eagles fan>

Anyway, it looks like I arrived a little too late to pick tonight's games, so let me just pick tomorrow's games:

Green Bay 35, Seattle 10
Denver 27, Indianapolis 17

Since things aren't looking good for Dallas as I make this post I really really hope Seattle pulls the upset tomorrow (so the Eagles don't have to play the Pack) but unfortunately I just don't see it happening.

Denver owned Indy a couple weeks back and I see no reason why things should be any different this time. Peyton drops to 0-3 (I think) in the playoffs.

Starkist
01-04-2004, 02:35 AM
Carolina 29
Dallas 10

Tennessee 20
Baltimore 17

1 for 2... :)

Master Ghaleon
01-04-2004, 02:53 AM
my 1st two picks were a bust, hoping that the sunday games will pull me though