PDA

View Full Version : *huggles GBP*

Blonde799
01-02-2004, 04:27 PM
If you haven't noticed already, I absolutely :heart: my Game Boy Player. It allows me to play GB games on my GC, with screen size changing options, as I hate the GB's small screens(my eyes have to literally make out with the screen to see anything insignificant).

So now, I can play Megaman Zero 2 and Link's Awakening on mah TV, and I recommend this baby to anyone that has a cube, and wants to save money to play GB games.:)

Um, one question. I bought LA DX today, and I only got the option to save when I died. I'm new to the game, so is there any other way to save? Does it save automatically upon entering areas or something? Oh, and the pieces of power own.:D

Dracula
01-02-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Blonde799
Um, one question. I bought LA DX today, and I only got the option to save when I died. I'm new to the game, so is there any other way to save? Does it save automatically upon entering areas or something? Oh, and the pieces of power own.:D

I'm not sure what the button configuration is from the GB-buttons to GC-controller, but it was A+B+START+SELECT at the SAME TIME.

I really want a GB Player! I'd love to play all three GBA Castlevania games on it. Not to mention Advance Wars!!! That would be sweet! :drool:

...I hate you. :blah:

Blonde799
01-02-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Dracula
I'm not sure what the button configuration is from the GB-buttons to GC-controller, but it was A+B+START+SELECT at the SAME TIME.

So, that'd be B+A+L and/or R+START? Wow. I'll try that, thanks.:)

linkofzelda1
01-02-2004, 11:14 PM
I was actually going to pick one up in a few days. Glad to hear it's worth getting.

I know the A+B+Start+Select thing works in the original LA, but I don't know about the deluxe version.

vegeta1215
01-03-2004, 12:00 AM
The same thing works on DX as the original Link's Awakening. The Select button gets mapped to Y on the GCN controller, right? So you might just do Start+A+B+Y.

btw, I'm curious, how do Gameboy Color games look on the Gameboy Player? I ask because GBC games, though they play fine on a GBA, the colors are a little darker and that kinda bugs me.

Mak-X
01-03-2004, 12:33 AM
Oracle of Ages and Seaons play fine on my Gamecube, I think its a matter of the quality of your TV and its settings for that.

The GB Player has been great to play A Link to the Past, Castlevania: CoTM, and Metroid Fusion on. I don't use my GBA much anymore except if I'm away from home. I'll be playing Sword of Mana and Metroid: Zero Mission on it eventually.

Blonde799
01-03-2004, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by vegeta1215
btw, I'm curious, how do Gameboy Color games look on the Gameboy Player?
I think the colors look normal. The screen is bigger, but a bit skinny horizontally. I could fix that using L/R, but then it looks stretched out.

vegeta1215
01-03-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Mak-X
Oracle of Ages and Seaons play fine on my Gamecube, I think its a matter of the quality of your TV and its settings for that.

I think those two games were made to look the same on GBC and GBA - remember the Advance Shop in each? Their colors are bright, and are the only games I've found that look the same on the GBA as they do on the GBC. My other GBC games are too dark on the GBA, esp the red colors.

Mak-X
01-03-2004, 02:02 PM
Yeah, according to EGM, the Oracle games had a special GBA palatte or something. I also have Super Mario Bros. DX and that looks fine. If any game is dark on your TV, like Metroid Prime, you can either adjust the settings on your TV or in the game if the console game has that option. My TV in general is very vibrant and bright, but regardless, you can see Castlevania: Circle of the Moon just fine. The main problem seems to be the GBA screen and no light.

vegeta1215
01-03-2004, 02:10 PM
I don't have a Gameboy Player, I was just wondering whether the color palettes for GBC games will look dark on the Gameboy Player just like they do on the GBA and GBA SP. (the colors are dark even with the light of a GBA SP)