PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with the world

Cloral
01-01-2004, 02:56 PM
Yesterday I had to drop my mom off at her real estate class. She told me she'd be an hour, so I decided to go for a drive. I ended up at a park near the class with it having been nearly an hour, so I decided to wait there. I just recently got a new cell phone since my old one was having problems charging. It's one of those newer phones with a color display, so I started playing around with the options. At this time a guy gets out of the car parked near mine. He starts talking to me. Now I've heard that Utonians are friendly folks, and I've seen a few examples of this thus far. So I figure that he's just being friendly and so I don't brush him off like I might've otherwise. After a few other things, he says to me, "beautiful park, isn't it?" I agree, even though the park is actually still under construction and much of the land is open dirt and mud. He then asks me if I've ever been down by the creek. I tell him I have. He says, "beautiful down there, isn't it?" Again I agree. Now the crek in mention runs along the edge of the park and is lined by underbrush. But enough people have walked along the creek that there's a path worn through there. He then asks me, "Do you want a blow job?" Now that just freaked the shit out of me. At first I thought I must've misheard, but then thinking about how he was basically inviting me down to the secluded creek, I realized that I had heard correctly. I walked away from him and towards the tennis courts, where thankfully there were quite a few people. When I was over there I saw his car drive around. I knew my mom would be calling soon, and I didn't want to worry her. So I decided to wander back towards my car and see if he was still hanging around over there. If not, I would just leave. Thankfully, he wasn't over there, so I got in my car and got the hell out of there. As I was turning to get out though, I saw him pull back in the space he had been parked in before.

Thinking about what had just happened, I realized a few things. First, this guy had obviously been hanging out at this park for some time, as he knew the creek area pretty well. Secondly, it was a park he was hanging out at, which is a place where you would usually find llittle kids. This tells me that he is a pedofile trolling the park for some little kids he can force himself on. And apparently, even though I'm 21, he figured I'd do. Now because I was absorbed in my cell phone when he was talking to me, I didn't get a very good look at him. I know he was middle aged (i.e. 40ish), white, had brown hair and a slight beard, and drives a white sedan. That's all I got. I've been thinking that I should call the police and alert them that this creep is hanging around in this park, but because I couldn't give a very good description of him, I don't know if it would do much good. So what do you guys think? Should I call it in, or is it not worth it?

Prrkitty
01-01-2004, 03:09 PM
Let the police know... anything and everything you can remember. If a kid disappears from that place... they'll want all the help/info they can have. If you get a chance go back and drive thru and see if you can find the vehicle again - so you can get the license plate.

Write it all down now... before you start forgetting details.

Just my two cents...

cyberkiller6276
01-01-2004, 03:39 PM
You should call. I'm sure someone else will call in the near future or has already, and the police can put bits and pieces of information together so they have enough for a lead. If you do drive through again, like Prrkitty said, do it with a different car if you can. Chances are, if the guy saw your car, he'd remember what it looks like, and he would've seen your liscence plate, etc.

Breaker
01-01-2004, 06:24 PM
Homosexuals are what's wrong with the world?

Cloral
01-01-2004, 07:30 PM
I have no problem with homosexuals. But I think this guy's a pedofile (since he was trolling a park where kids play), and I wouldn't want some kid to get hurt.

Mercy
01-01-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Cloral
Secondly, it was a park he was hanging out at, which is a place where you would usually find llittle kids. This tells me that he is a pedofile trolling the park for some little kids he can force himself on.
There is a good chance that you are jumping to conclusions with this. Public park trysting is a rather common, if not often discussed, aspect of homosexual culture. Particularly in areas where discretion is of high importance, uniform bars and bath houses are a bit too obvious making public parks with secluded areas popular alternatives for those looking for a quick bit of unanonymous, man-on-man action. There is a bit more to it than that but pedophilia is usually not part of it except in rare cases. Homosexuality is not synonymous with pedophilia.

That is not to say you should not report this to authorities. I used to live in a metropolitan town with a rather large public park that for decades had been used for just this sort of activity even though you could not swing a dead cat without hitting a gay bar of some variety or other. The problem was not grown men soliciting young boys but children happening upon grown men doing their thing with other grown men. Some things just should not be on public display where there are children present. Just stick to the facts of the matter and do not jump to conclusions. Gay men usually have an uncanny ability to surmise the correct age of other men that is surpassed only by the ability of the typical pedophile to do determine the age of children and at twenty-one years, you are a bit old for a homosexual pedophile.

m.

J.J. Maxx
01-01-2004, 09:00 PM
So he's either a good pedophile or a bad homosexual. What kind of pickup line is that?

"Hey..."

"Hey."

"Nice park.."

"Yeah"

"See that creek down there?"

"Yeah?"

"Want a blowjob?"

"..."

Smooth.... :thumbsup:

Cloral
01-01-2004, 11:18 PM
Well I hope I was just jumping to conclusions. It seemed really similar to the image of a pedofile you see on tv.

Master Ghaleon
01-01-2004, 11:32 PM
Hang out in that area for a week or so. If you see him around just say hi to him and walk past like your going somewhere. Get a good look at him while you walked by him and then 5 min later walk back to your car. Try to get his licensce plate and write it down. Get a description of him and call the police.

Ganonator
01-02-2004, 12:03 AM
Even from my side of the fence, that guy was way out of line. He needs to discover the internet. Maybe he'll find us (j/k).

I would do as Master G says. However, I wouldn't be that obvious. Just get his liscense number, and report that to the cops. if something happens, and you didn't do anything, you'd not be a happy camper

good luck, Cloral.