PDA

View Full Version : Tile Contest #13

Ian
12-30-2003, 12:54 PM
Yah, sorry it took so long, I didn't have time on sunday, and I most of my time on th ecomputer yesterday was devoted to MM:DWR (and a banner that i'm making for it)

Anyways, good luck all. You'll never find out which is mine :rolleyes: (though, everyone always figures it out about two minutes after I post the poll :blah: )

Petoe
12-30-2003, 01:02 PM
The first one gets my vote. The other trees are just... too weird. :odd:

And I bet I know which one is yours, Ian. :blah:

lord_jamitossi
12-30-2003, 05:42 PM
wow. that last one is neat...
i would have thought i would get a couple votes by now... i'm the third one.

ShadowTiger
12-30-2003, 06:10 PM
Yeah, me too. :odd: You've got some good trees there, LJ. ;)

Otherwise, ... :laughing:

... :laughing:

I'm stoned! ^_^

.. J/K. I like the last tree. .. Reminds me of a tree I once saw drive past my house.

zed_cool
12-30-2003, 07:05 PM
Ey, i really liked the last one! Whos is it? My compliments to the creator! :D

Ian
12-30-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Petoe
The first one gets my vote. The other trees are just... too weird. :odd:

And I bet I know which one is yours, Ian. :blah:

-_- Well, it took 8 minutes instead of just 2, but that's close enough. If you haven't figured it out by now, my tiles are pretty much ALWAYS electronical or futuristic in some way.

Yes, the last one is awesome (it has a brother in one of the SotW's at PZC) If you find that screenie, you'll find the maker. (I'd tell you who it is, but this is more fun, for me at least. Except for people who go to PZC, they should know who makes those kinds of trees by now.)

Raichu86
12-30-2003, 11:33 PM
I vote for *b*'s.

The second one won't be very easy for anybody who wants to use it, since it was JPEG'd. :blah:

Ian
01-01-2004, 07:00 PM
I'm not suprised. Congrats *b*.

I still dunno what to do for Tile Contests anymore (I'm running out of topics, and people who want to particapate) I should come up with something tomorrow, probably when I get home tomorrow night.

lord_jamitossi
01-01-2004, 09:32 PM
you should really do message: more tiles. there's so few good ones, and i have some that look pretty good.

Master Ghaleon
01-01-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Ian
I still dunno what to do for Tile Contests anymore (I'm running out of topics, and people who want to particapate)

Offer the winner milk and cookies, or some money :D

CJC
01-03-2004, 10:57 PM
Why not make a tile contest with three entry levels (Easy, Medium, and Hard) so that people can compete with others at their level of spriting. It's really crushing to try your hardest and be crushed by C-Dawg's unbeatable sprites when there's no way your sprites could hold a chance against his. There really should be separate levels of difficulty, and you could pick which pics go in which level.

Ian
01-04-2004, 12:54 PM
That is GREAT idea, but if I chose, then someone might be dissapointed that I didn't put it in the better ones. But if I let them chose, then they might think too highly of it. And besides that, westill dont get enough people to particapate.

I've got soem more ideas as to what to do for the next few tile contests, but I think I'll make it interesting and let the peopel vote on what to do next.

ShadowTiger
01-04-2004, 05:39 PM
But if I let them chose, then they might think too highly of it. And besides that, we still dont get enough people to particapate.
1) If they think too highly of it, that's their problem. .. well.. not so much problem, as .. life lesson. :p A lesson in humility.. or a lesson in art, depending on how one wishes to put it.
2) People will come if they know that they can compete in a wholesome environment, where they actually stand a CHANCE.

Only time shall tell..