PDA

View Full Version : .hack Games

*b*
12-26-2003, 11:18 PM
ok, I'm thinking about getting the .hack games now that I have a PS2. I'm wondering what they're like? RPG, or just, battle, cutscenes, battle... ect? I haven't really heard anything bad about the games, but I want a second opinion, if you get my meaning. thanks

DarkDragoonX
12-27-2003, 03:04 PM
I'd have to say it blows. Online RPGs suck enough as it is, and this isn't even online. It's a simulation of an online RPG. So in addition to haing to deal with the single level you gain a day, you also have to deal with the mind-numbing tedium of "conversing" with "virtual online players" who have the same range of "conversation threads" as an "inguana." Not to mention the fact that you can't choose what character class you're going to be, you're forced to follow a single stupid plotline... .hack makes a good anime, but as a game, it combines the worst aspects of online RPGs with the worst aspects of console RPGs. Of course, it's from Bandai, and you can't expect ANYTHING decent from Bandai.

*b*
12-27-2003, 05:23 PM
well, after I posted this, I went out to IGN and read up about the games. they seemed to like them, giving them an overall 8.4. the only thing I'm concerned about is that it's not walking around talking to people, but more like, a panorama of a town, and you select different places you want to go, and it's just buying stuff, or battling. that, and the camera, how it's not always behind you...

perhaps I should rent it...

linkofzelda1
12-28-2003, 02:29 AM
I asked some of my friends about it and they said they were great games. I dunno, I've never played them, but from what I've seen, I'd get a copy.

*b*
12-28-2003, 06:14 PM
well, I've decided I'm going to get it, and now my only problem is finding it NEW, not used. I've had nothing but bad experiences with used games...

ShadowTiger
12-29-2003, 11:57 AM
Well, used games tend to be cheaper. ;) Plus, most of the time, the store HAS to guarantee that the game works. Most PC games I've ever used, DIDN'T work. Most console games, Yep, worked.

DarkTailsX
12-31-2003, 02:38 AM
I have parts 1-3 of the .hack games and i must say they are great! Of course, it will get boring if you play it for several hours at a time.. but its great! I give the games a 10...

Also... its the kind of game where you either hate it.. or get into it.. one or the other

*b*
12-31-2003, 03:02 PM
well, I LOVE the anime (best ever, imo), and I found out yesterday that you can walk around and do stuff, so I'm definatley going to get this. I'm going down to *hopefully* buy it today, so, wish me luck!

DarkTailsX
12-31-2003, 05:40 PM
Cool.. trust me, if you love RPGs this one will appeal to you.. you can also go into mini games if you have a part, and the one before it... like if you have part 2 and load the completed game data from part 1 into it, you will get to be in a race of somekind (havent checked it out myself since I didnt beat part 1 yest!) that is supposed to give you good items.... Its worth the investment

*b*
01-04-2004, 08:31 PM
well, I finally found .hack//INECTION, and I love it. the dungeons are HUGE! but some are a little plain. and the gruntys look REALLY stupid, not like gruntys at all! but other than that, it's great! I love the camera options (yes, I'm serious), and the battles. everything is great! I just wish Tsukasa and all them peoples were in it too, as party members. that would make .hack the closest game to perfection since OOT (and I'm so happy you can run around and stuff, and not have it menu driven :drool:)

DTX, you're right, this is a great RPG. definatley worth looking into.

Pat
01-13-2004, 07:20 PM
.hack freaking owns! i'm gonna pick up part 4 in a couple of days. the story is awesome, the graphics are ok, but the fighting gets kinda boring after a while. there's tons of secrets that link to .hack//sign and the people in the tons act like real people. i mean that in the sense that they use smilies and say stuff like "lol" and "suxx0rz" i give the series a 10 also... =)

DarkTailsX
01-14-2004, 07:59 PM
Glad you enjoy it..

Yeah you can find .hack//sign chars in the game.. But I dont think they are in part 1.. I found Mimiru in part two though.. only for a couple of lines then she went away. If you find her in part 2.. she gives you her sword which is incredible.. If you need help on anything Im sure I could be of service

KingArthur
01-26-2004, 07:59 AM
Well.. I doubt you'll see Tsukasa or Subaru in the games because..
*spoilers for .hack//sign ahead*
At the end of .hack//sign Tsukasa and Subaru are stuck in a simulation of the real world inside the world.. at least.. thats what I understood, the ending was confusing. but yeah.. you prolly wont see those two until mebbe part 4