PDA

View Full Version : walking between pit combos

idontknow
12-24-2003, 03:38 PM
i hate the fact that you have to be completely over pit combos to warp, but with stairs combos, you can walk through the "in-btwn" and still warp! please fix this! i have signs to read in my quest so the player instantly warps from the overworld to another dmap & after the string finishes, if the player walks in the 'in-btwn" of the pit combos, then he won't warp back to the regular overworld like he's supposed to & so he walks off to an unused area--i wish that in the next beta, such problems are fixed--just as well, i think that walking from screen to screen w/ shallow water combos on both edges should be fixed too (and perhaps make walking enemies have ripples too!) :lmao:

Ganonator
12-26-2003, 08:06 PM
Using the quest rule "Linked Combos" will eliminate problems with walking between warp tiles.

Ripples between screens have been talked about in the past, and since the change of transition between screens uses different functions than walking on one screen, the ripple effect would have to be attached to link's sprite. however, since it doesn't check the adjacent screens for water, walking onto a shallow combo from a normal one would produce no ripple, but coming back would have a ripple on solid ground, which was something discussed when they were first introduced. How do you fix this? don't connect your shallow combos across screens if you can help it.

Cloral
12-26-2003, 11:02 PM
Well, the way to fix it would be to check both where Link starts and the destination for shallow water. If they both have it, only then should the ripples be shown during the transition. Same for tall grass.

idontknow
12-28-2003, 12:59 AM
the Linked combos quest rule i think was intended to fix the walking btwn warp combos, put i think its really buggy cuz i can walk over the bottom half of the combo & i won't warp