PDA

View Full Version : south side sniper in columbus

Gerudo
12-18-2003, 09:00 PM
maybe some of you have heard this, some may not... i live in columbus, ohio... and all this year, there has been sniper shootings on the south side of I-270 (which is a big circle around columbus).

anyways, there was 1 or 2 shootings earlier this year, but since about mid-november, there has been many shootings, and 1 death of a 62 year old woman...

the only reason this scares me is because my bros gf has to go along that same area to get to her job, and my cousin lives about ½ a mile from where a school got a window shot out overnight...

there been roughly 15 or more shootings, most of them recently...

all you have to do it search google for 'columbus, ohio' and 'I-270 sniper'

most recently (either today or yesterday), a bus was shot...

and here's a local story about it... (http://www.dispatch.com/reports-story.php?story=dispatch/2003/12/18/20031218-A1-00.html)

the stupid things people do... :(

AlexMax
12-18-2003, 09:02 PM
Ten pretend bucks (TM) he blames it on Grand Theft Auto when the guy gets caught.

Master Ghaleon
12-18-2003, 09:29 PM
As soon as I left Ohio, the next day the shootings started. Im glad I didnt take 270

Ich
12-18-2003, 09:39 PM
Either that or they'll call it a "copycat shooting" of a person who has been imitating the DC sniper.

I remember a quote about the DC sniper though, although not the exact wording. "People are afraid that they'll be shot by the sniper, but the truth is, they have a greater chance of winning the lottery."

moocow
12-19-2003, 11:08 AM
Regardless, though, it's scary to know that this is going on, especially so close to home. (I live about 45 minutes from Gerudo, if that) I know there's no chance of me getting shot, but still, it's just kinda scary.

Master Ghaleon
12-19-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by ICHBINDASWALROSS
Either that or they'll call it a "copycat shooting" of a person who has been imitating the DC sniper.

I remember a quote about the DC sniper though, although not the exact wording. "People are afraid that they'll be shot by the sniper, but the truth is, they have a greater chance of winning the lottery."

The DC snipers were caught 20 min away from where I live. He didnt just shoot in DC just around it and in Virginia too. If this shooter is trying to be a copycat, the person or persons are a bad shot and thats a good thing.