PDA

View Full Version : Item Placement and a few quick questions

Monica
12-18-2003, 07:29 PM
I can't seem to place items anywhere. I'm trying to put a HC piece at the end of my bridge but it always goes in the top left corner and I can't move it or I erase my tiles. How can I put it where I need it?

Also The charecters, like the fisherman I want on my bridge, have this ugly pink background behind them, how can I get rid of it?

Also, is there a way to make people outside say things? Charecter interaction would be great for my plot.

Thanks! :)

idontknow
12-18-2003, 09:23 PM
well, i think first off, you should reach Alphadawg's basic tutorial (at zeldaclassic.com) and then possibly read my own tutorial (the link is in my signature)--i'll tell ya that to place items, you must press the pg down button on your keyboard once. Then you should see what looks like a blue rupee icon on the bottom of the screen. Click it & then click on a spot on the main screen to change the item's position.

For problem numero 2, the reason the guy has an "ugly pink background" is because thats the color set for transparency--in other words, because he is not on a layer, this color shows up where it should otherwise be transparent. If you were to place the guy on a layer, such as 1 or 2, then the pink would go away & everything that is on layers beneath him, such as layer 0, would show up where the pink appears. For more detail on layering, see my tutorial

Search the forums for how to make readable signs & people that talk, as it has been discussed many-a-time here.

Freedom
12-18-2003, 09:29 PM
Trying your hand at making quests now :)
check your PM

Monica
12-19-2003, 12:46 PM
Thanks, all your answers wirked :)