PDA

View Full Version : z3 tileset

idontknow
12-17-2003, 04:36 PM
where can i download the z3 tileset? (and does it goes by another name, or is it just z3 tileset?)

ShadowTiger
12-17-2003, 04:38 PM
Download the Dreams of Yesterday tileset. It's pretty much a revamped version.

You can probably find it in C's Briefcase.
The link is in my sig.

Username: Satin_nail
Password: raven

Freedom
12-17-2003, 05:45 PM
I think the DOY set are the same as Orion tiles, those are different from the tiles that Cloral is using.
I think I have both here, but the Orion you can get in quest form in the database, so I won't waste my server space with that,, here are the others I have.

http://filespace.brentdax.com/Freedom/minilttp.gif

Cloral
12-19-2003, 02:38 AM
Honestly, I wouldn't recommend using Z3 style graphics. They just don't fit very well in ZC's limited space. Getting something that's both playable and good looking is difficult. And because most everything is so large, it is very difficult to create intricate puzzles and mazes. The modified set posted above is probably a better bet - most of the landmarks and such are reduced in size, making them easier to use.

However, I will say that the Z3 graphics can teach us a few things that help to make the graphics look nicer. For instance, you should make the floor of your dungeons a different color than the walls. It really looks a lot better this way. Also, it's amazing what you can do with a very limited number of colors. For instance, I've found that most of the decorations in LttP use the same 5 or 6 colors - from the torches, to all the different statues, to the pots, to the traps and spikes.

Freedom
12-19-2003, 02:43 AM
I believe that map you posted Cloral is the best looking I've seen anywhere.
wonderful job.
I've wrestled with those tiles, they're hard to use, seems you've mastered it.