PDA

View Full Version : Never do this

Ich
12-14-2003, 11:05 PM
I was just at work a few hours ago, and I got paid $3 to eat a piece of raw squid. It wasn't by any means sanitary or like sashimi must be in order to be sold. No, this was squid that was intended to be cooked or even fried before consumption.

I bought gum with some of the money to get rid of the bad taste, so I made a $2 profit. And now I'm feeling sick to my stomach. I don't know if I'm going to be puking, but I queasy. As it is, I'm typing this up with a proper receptacle sitting conveniently next to me. In the even that my stomache finally says, "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, BITCH! YOU THINK IT TASTED BAD GOING DOWN? YOU DIDN'T EVEN HAVE IT IN YOUR MOUTH FOR MORE THAN A COUPLE SECONDS; YOU DIDN'T EVEN CHEW IT. THAT LITTLE PIECE OF SQUID HAS BEEN SITTING DOWN HERE FOR A COUPLE HOURS, AND IT'S GOING TO COME BACK UP AND IT'S NOT LIKE JACK DANIEL'S, IT'S NOT GOING TO TASTE BETTER ON THE WAY UP."

I wonder if alcohol would calm my stomach. You can use high proof liquor for antiseptic, and I figure it'd kill some of the bacteria that the squid contained.

Drunken Tiger
12-14-2003, 11:12 PM
You know what would be cheaper?? If you just induced vomiting.. :)

DarkDragon
12-14-2003, 11:57 PM
But the side-effects of your solution would be in many ways less pleasant...

inori
12-15-2003, 09:19 AM
So just what will you put in your mouth for $3?

* inori gets a list and a video camera :sb:

theplustwo
12-15-2003, 11:56 AM
At least you actually got the $3, unlike on Fear Factor, where you would have to eat narsty shit just for the opportunity to maybe win some money.

I had squid in school before, it tasted like turkey. :shrug: (Although that was probably more sanitary).

Ich
12-15-2003, 01:46 PM
Oh yeah, I've had Calamari before, plenty of times. It's really good. When it's cooked. It was slimy, and disgusting, and I've felt kind of nauseous so far all day, and I seem to still have a lingering taste in my mouth.

Ganonator
12-15-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by ICHBINDASWALROSS
...AND IT'S GOING TO COME BACK UP AND IT'S NOT LIKE JACK DANIEL'S, IT'S NOT GOING TO TASTE BETTER ON THE WAY UP." I lubu Drew... Seriously..

moocow
12-15-2003, 07:33 PM
I was gonna say the same thing, Russ :)

:D