PDA

View Full Version : Liberals sabotage Google!

AlphaDawg
12-14-2003, 12:02 AM
Those liberals, always out to have a good time at the President's expense... :angry:

miserable failure (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=miserable+failure&btnG=Google+Search)

weapons of mass destruction (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%22weapons+of+mass+destruction%22&btnG=Google+Search)

For better effect of course, enter the search yourself and click "I'm Feeling Lucky."

I don't think this has been posted here yet...

AlexMax
12-14-2003, 12:10 AM
Are you sure they're liberals?

There are plenty of people, both right and left wing, who can disagree with Bush's policies. Don't pigeonhole them unless you see a big old "THIS PAGE WAS CREATEd BY LIBERALS" sticker on it.

In any case, I think this has been posted before...

bigjoe
12-14-2003, 12:27 AM
Naturally, in minds that are too feeble to understand the wrong of their political leaders, anyone who opposes Bush is a liberal , a terrorist, or a communist. Right?

By the way , you just helped him get more hits! :laughing:

Anyway, this is hilarious.

They needa do one for Tony Blair

Mercy
12-14-2003, 12:53 AM
Perceiving the deficiencies of our C&C does not necessarily define one a liberal. Unless you can prove otherwise, your assertation that the 'Liberals' are behind the search results you linked to is fundamentally flawed.

That said, Google's page ranking (ie, order of search results returned) is based primarily upon the number of web links to the pages listed. Couple that with the basic human tendency to be more vocal about what we dislike rather than what we like and it is little wonder that pages citing negatives about Dubya might get more visiblity than those lauding him.

m.

AlphaDawg
12-14-2003, 01:43 AM
My reference to "liberals" in my first post was meant to be taken as satire.

And now here's an oldie but goodie... compliments of those darn conservatives, always out to have a good time at the expense of the French...

french military victories (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%22French+Military+Victories%22&btnG=Google+Search)

Ich
12-14-2003, 01:43 AM
I'd blame the miserable failure thing on Dick "Dick" Gephart. He called George Bush a :miserable failure" at a debate a while back. That is what caused it.

DarkDragon
12-14-2003, 03:07 AM
The "french military victories" one is less good, since, unlike the other two, it is fake...

slothman
12-14-2003, 03:30 AM
You could probably find stuff like that for many people and parties. Maybe "sucker" And Clinton.

Lilith
12-14-2003, 03:44 PM
The liberals, sir! They're attacking! :O

Fiyerstorm
12-14-2003, 06:34 PM
lol!!!

What's that other Google thing where you type this phrase in and press 'I'm feeling lucky' and it takes you to Microsoft.com?

Raichu86
12-15-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Fiyerstorm
What's that other Google thing where you type this phrase in and press 'I'm feeling lucky' and it takes you to Microsoft.com?
"go to hell", with the quotes. I believe that one was a joke by Google. The two AlphaDawg pointed out are "Google bombs."

cyberkiller6276
12-15-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Raichu86
"go to hell", with the quotes. I believe that one was a joke by Google. The two AlphaDawg pointed out are "Google bombs." That's not true. It takes you to a Quizilla...Even without quotes.

Axel
12-15-2003, 04:52 PM
damn, I wanted to be the one to point that out. Oh well, at least google knows their stuff. :D

Raichu86
12-17-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by cyberkiller6276
That's not true. It takes you to a Quizilla...Even without quotes.
That joke isn't up anymore. When it was up, a search for "go to hell" with the quotes rendered Microsoft.com as being the number one result.