PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Question

Kirby of Doom
12-13-2003, 04:29 PM
I was looking at FF games on PS2, since the comercial for X-2 sparked my interest, although the only one I've actually played was one for SNES on my computer (which I didn't get very far through) and I'm wondering which one is the one with Tidus and that water mini game thingy that my cousin has because I didn't find it.

Edit: I don't have PS2, but I might consider getting a new console in the near future.

vegeta1215
12-13-2003, 04:45 PM
Tidus is from Final Fantasy X. He may be in Final Fantasy X-2, but I'm not sure.

Kirby of Doom
12-13-2003, 04:47 PM
Ok. I wan't sure because I thought when I was reading from IGN that they said Yuna was the main character. Maybe I interpreted it wrong. I thought Tidus was the main character because you start off as him.

deathofspam
12-13-2003, 05:38 PM
Well, in X-2 i think Yuna is the main, and she has a major role in X, but Tidus is your starting character in X

Melonhead
12-13-2003, 05:57 PM
In X-2, Yuna finds this....media thingy(I don't know what to call it) and it has a video of Tidus fighting some huge machina. I don't know anything else, as it's my friends week with the PS2.

Archibaldo
12-18-2003, 09:55 AM
i don't have a PS or a PS2 but why are there so many final fantasy games? My friends say they have nothing to do with each other. Is there even a story line between all ten games?

jman2050
12-18-2003, 10:10 AM
The only continuity exists between FFX and FFX-2. Other than that ther games have abdolutely nothing to do with each other story-wise.

Master Ghaleon
12-18-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Kirby of Doom
and I'm wondering which one is the one with Tidus and that water mini game thingy that my cousin has because I didn't find it.

Edit: I don't have PS2, but I might consider getting a new console in the near future.

FFX, and the water game is Blitzball ;)

Pablo
12-18-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Archibaldo
i don't have a PS or a PS2 but why are there so many final fantasy games? My friends say they have nothing to do with each other. Is there even a story line between all ten games?

There are connections (the recurring appearances of Chocobos, Cid, and Moogles, for example) but until FFX-2, there has been no story continuity between games.

vegeta1215
12-18-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Pablo
There are connections (the recurring appearances of Chocobos, Cid, and Moogles, for example) but until FFX-2, there has been no story continuity between games.

Don't forget Vicks and Wedge! (they even made an appearance in Chrono Trigger in the Tent of Horrors game at the Millenium Fair!)

jman2050
12-19-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Pablo

Actually, I don't think Chocobos and moogles were introduced initially. I think Moogles were introduced in either FF5 or 6, and chocobos came out in FF4. Please correct me if I'm wrong...

deathofspam
12-19-2003, 03:41 PM
I believe cid was also not introduced until 4, though i may be wrong on that one

Brasel
12-19-2003, 04:17 PM
Moogles first appeared in FF5. Chocobos first appeared in FF2. Cid was always around. If I remember correctly, there was a Cid in the first game, and he might have been a dwarf.

mrz84
12-19-2003, 07:33 PM
cid and chocobos first appeared in FF2 (nes in japan and FF Origins package) moogles appeared in FF3 (nes in japan only for now) not FF5 though they do appear in there. cid never appeared in the first one the drawf you think of is Nerrick.

Brasel
12-20-2003, 04:50 AM
Well, unfortunatley I missed FF3 because of the fact it was never released here. I have it on emulator, but I can't stand playing RPGs on emulation for some reason.