PDA

View Full Version : What matters more to you when looking for a game?

Blonde799
12-12-2003, 10:31 PM
Quantity(gives more than 10 hours of gameplay), quality(assures a very enjoyable experience to the very end), or both?

A week ago, I got Fatal Fury Wild Ambition for the PS. Fatal Fury's jump into the 3D realm got bad reviews at gamefaqs, among other sites. I don't see what the problem was. The graphics looked much better, compared to Street Fighter EX's debut on the PS. The speed was nice and fast too, which was, of course, better than SFEX. And everyone usually moved their hands, eyes, and mouths when they were doing stuff!!!:eek: That's something you rarely saw in a 3D fighting game at the time(Tekken 3 had open normal hands too, but that was only in the arcade). There were also unique special moves and combos for each character, that didn't include 70 billion hit fireballs.:laughing: I really liked it.

I'd really pick a game like that over some of today's fighters. So, what matters more to you?

Paradox
12-12-2003, 11:00 PM
I'd definitely have quality. Although the game may be short, it's good and probably has a good replay value. If you get sick of that, you can play multiplayer which is also pretty good. I would rather take that than play 30+ hours of a game I have to suffer through.

Thunderbird
12-13-2003, 01:40 AM
Quality over quantity. If a game sucks, but has 40 missions (or whatever), I'll probably drop it well before I finish it.

Master Ghaleon
12-13-2003, 03:14 AM
I look for a game that has my interests in it. I like WWE, Football, Basketball, Baseball, RPG's, Golf games. There is other types of games I like but I was just giving an example. I would get any WWE game that comes out. I usually go for Madden for Football and NBA Live for basketball games.

I like games that either fun with other players for hours of gameplay - Super Smash Melee

RPG's that make sense but are tough and hafta use your head to figure out things - Lunar

RPG's with Beautiful Graphics - Xenosaga

Stuff like that

Blonde799
12-13-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Master Ghaleon
I like games that either fun with other players for hours of gameplay - Super Smash Melee

I spent over 70 hours just unlocking everything. On top of that, 1P vs AI rules.:p One of the best brawling games ever.:kawaii:

Zaggarum
12-13-2003, 07:25 PM
i go with quality. like Wind waker was short, but it was fun. Wario World wasn't that bad, but it was short. idk it seems to me that quanity just isn't my style.

Yoshiman
12-15-2003, 07:45 AM
I like both in a good game. Final Fantasy 7 was pretty good and took me 30+ hours to beat. I'm working on Final Fantasy 8 right now, but it seems a bit shorter. Still fun though:D

linkofzelda1
12-17-2003, 01:43 AM
Quality is the main factor in buying a game for me. If it sucks, what's the point of making it long and tedious to beat?

FF7 was an awesome game, and FF8 was just as awesome.

Archibaldo
12-21-2003, 07:03 PM
it would depend on what kind of game it is... if its a fighting game like soul calibur 2 or a racing game like mario kart double dash i would only rent it. id only buy a game thats got a story line like an RPG. i made a mistake in getting SSBM because now im bored with it. if i'd have to choose it would have to be quality mixed with quantity. i would want a long game that you could beat more than once.

Gerudo
12-22-2003, 06:42 AM
you want a challenge on SSBM? :D

team battle, 1 human vs. 3 level 9's, unlimited time, Hyrule Castle...

not sure if anyone has experimented, but a good set of chars would be 1 Link vs 1 Ganonforf; 1 Roy, Marth, or Link; and 1 C.Falcon...

on-topic: id have to say quality... i just bought 2 games (Gotcha Force and Slot Car Thunder) that im going to see if i cant get a store credit @ ebgames for... (those 2 games are god-aweful... not even rent-worthy)

Archibaldo
12-23-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Gerudo
you want a challenge on SSBM? :D

team battle, 1 human vs. 3 level 9's, unlimited time, Hyrule Castle...

not sure if anyone has experimented, but a good set of chars would be 1 Link vs 1 Ganonforf; 1 Roy, Marth, or Link; and 1 C.Falcon...

on-topic: id have to say quality... i just bought 2 games (Gotcha Force and Slot Car Thunder) that im going to see if i cant get a store credit @ ebgames for... (those 2 games are god-aweful... not even rent-worthy)

a friend of mine can do that with out loosing a life. but he's also a freak about it he plays it every morning before school and at school.