PDA

View Full Version : I am here to defend myself.

Bobby Winn
12-12-2003, 12:11 PM
In the case of Knil and Alacarde, I must protest. If it comes up that the ip addresses were the same, its because me AND my friend use the school computers. These are subnetted, but the IP address shows the same for all computers in the district whenever somebody tries to look at it. Second of all I WAS advertising my forum, but i figured it would be spam if both me and alacarde put posts up about it. Alacarde decided to use a post, and I went via pm to my buddies list to advertise. If you ppl here are going to be so quick to assume someones spamming, i dont think its worth it for me, Knil to stay. Now i AM guilty of having two nicks, but only to defend myself. NOW you have reason to ban. Would have been nice for a G** D*** warning though.

Master Ghaleon
12-12-2003, 12:47 PM
PM someone who cares :rolleyes:

ShadowTiger
12-12-2003, 12:53 PM
Rest assured, Bobby, I have the same situation in my school. ;) It's not fair what had happened to you. You are very interested in having your own forum, and you have trusted AGN to be a fair judge. But you believe that they have failed you in that aspect. That is a perfectly valid opinion.

But.. perhaps you should add content to the forum, which will attract people on it's own, rather than having to advertise for it yourself, manually. ;) Just a suggestion.

Breaker
12-12-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Bobby Winn
In the case of Knil and Alacarde, I must protest. If it comes up that the ip addresses were the same, its because me AND my friend use the school computers.

.......Second of all I WAS advertising my forum, but i figured it would be spam if both me and alacarde put posts up about it. Alacarde decided to use a post, and I went via pm to my buddies list to advertise.

So you admit that both you and your supposed "friend" advertised, and yet it's somehow an injustice for you to have been banned...? Regardless of if you are two seperate people, both Alacarde and Knil broke the rules of this forum. What exactly did you hope to gain out of acknowledging this?

Feel free to private message and/or email an Administrator with any further bullshit.

Originally posted by Britannianhero4
It's not fair what had happened to you. You are very interested in having your own forum, and you have trusted AGN to be a fair judge.

It's not fair that they were both banned for using the private messaging system of this forum to spam and advertise as well as creating threads for the same purpose? Do you even understand what happened...?

Ian
12-12-2003, 05:33 PM
Yah, but they both should have gotten warnings, and if it consisted, then a few weeks ban (and he's been perma-banned) Besides, Knil PM'ed people on his buddy list, not anyone at random unless he has about 20 people on his buddy list complaining about getting spam from him. If that's the case, then only a warning/ban should have been given.

Though, I dunno if he's been banned before or not. If he has, then I'll just shut up.

Breaker
12-12-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Ian

Though, I dunno if he's been banned before or not. If he has, then I'll just shut up.

He has.

cyberkitten
12-12-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Ian
Yah, but they both should have gotten warnings, and if it consisted, then a few weeks ban (and he's been perma-banned) Besides, Knil PM'ed people on his buddy list, not anyone at random unless he has about 20 people on his buddy list complaining about getting spam from him. If that's the case, then only a warning/ban should have been given.

ok, in all seriousness, if you don't know whether complaints have been made against a user for spamming via PM or whether a member has previously been banned, you might not want to make judgements on whether the action taken against said member was appropriate.
just a thought. if y'all want to continue debating the board rules, lemme direct your attention to the topic about the rules, frozen at the top of GD. meanwhile, since this thread is pointless and the thread starter banned, there's no reason to leave it open.

edit: breaker, get out of my brain plz, thx :D