PDA

View Full Version : The flu and other fun diseases

Mitsukara
12-11-2003, 11:55 PM
I've been sick the past week or so... apparently I didn't have the flu, but some sort of bacteria with flu-like symptoms. Anyway, I was immobilized for most of the week, getting sick kind of all at once last Monday (not Monday this week, last week); mostly my throat and stomach were affected. I couldn't swallow without feeling intense pain and stinging in my throat, and my stomach was extremely upset (I also had some retching problems the first day). My stomach got a little better (although it stayed quite upset most of the time) for the next few days, but my throat remained in pretty bad shape and I couldn't get myself to drink much, so I got really dehydrated. My mother and father had it also, and although my father never really did get in too bad of shape, my mother had a lot of problems and actually developed pnuemonia and had to be put in the hospital for a couple days. She was prescribed with something, and afther my father described my symptoms to the doctor I was also prescribed something else (some medication called "Trimox"), and over time we improved.

Anyway, we're all past it now, and are doing pretty well; I've been drinking a lot of water so I'm not really too dehydrated anymore, and I'm pretty much over it. I was just wondering, has anyone else here had sickness problems lately? I understand there's a lot of problems with the flu going around (at least, here there is), and that some schools have even had to be closed because of all the students getting it. Have any of you had problems like this lately?

Master Ghaleon
12-12-2003, 07:00 AM
I havent been sick yet but everyone at work has and its been a pain in the ass trying to cover up shifts for them. I must be the lucky few that hasnt come acrossed anything like this.

ShadowTiger
12-12-2003, 08:35 AM
I'm not sure if this counts, but sometimes, I feel like I'm .... nowhere.:( I don't know if that counts though. Should it be an element for concern? Or should it be cast aside like so many hypocondrial falsities that end up being true.

Glad that you're better, Jennifer. :thumbsup: Happy to see another of AGN's finest up and running. ;)

Gerudo
12-12-2003, 10:59 AM
ah, so thats why you've been MIA... well, im really glad you are ok... be sure to join 'us' in chat sometime :kawaii:

Prrkitty
12-12-2003, 12:49 PM
I was wondring why I've not seen any of your posts around lately. Sorry to hear you were so sick - that's never fun.

Hope the family recovers completely and soon :) and stay healthy :) BIG hug!!!

Jer1400
12-12-2003, 02:42 PM
Well, on Sunday I caught strep throat and a bad cold. I've been drinking a lot of water and pills so, now that it's Friday, it's pretty much all gone.

I do know of a flu epidemic, though. Many people are sick, 20 children have died (as of this morning). Gah, I hope I don't get that.