PDA

View Full Version : Enemies, Csets, & Palettes

Freedom
12-11-2003, 05:34 PM
Still trying to figure out this whole color thing....

My rocks, that fall from the cliff in a screen are orange, and controlled or set to cset 8.
can I change what color set they are attached to?
Cset 8 doesn't have any colors that look right with the rock, so I can't really just recolor, and I figured if I changed the cset then that would effect other things like maybe dodongos or whatever else happens to draw from cset 8.

Many of these colors could be better, my dodongos are yellow and orange, my gleeoks are blue... etc.

It's the decendant palette set.

DeathLink
12-11-2003, 06:10 PM
i havnt used ZC for a while now, but if i remember right, you CANT change them. yeah i just looked, you cant change the collor of the boulders, but you can change the rocks that octeroks shoot

Freedom
12-12-2003, 01:05 AM
I was comparing pure2 release to my decendant and pure2 uses cset 11 for the dodongo where mine is using cset 8, if there is no way to change that then how can that be?

How does the cset 2 feature work?
can it be used to change some of the dodongo's colors?

DarkAvenger
12-12-2003, 10:06 AM
I believe the CSet2 Option is only for those of combos. I'm not sure about your color problem, but the only way I can think of fixing this is by change colors in pallettes and recoloring the sprites. :shrug:

Verbatim
12-18-2003, 12:26 PM
All enemies (including the rocks and Dodongo) are hard-wired. There is one quest-rule which affects which colorset is used by one of the bosses, though, I forget which...ZC originally used the wrong Cset for that one, if you check it, the Cset used for that boss changes...I don't think that was for Dodongo, but it's been a while, so I'm not sure.

Most of the bosses use ESP palettes, which is probably why you're getting confused as to which ones they use. For the classic enemies, you can get what Csets they use by checking out the enemy index (http://zeldaclassic.armageddongames.net/enemies/index.shtml) at zeldaclassic.com.

As for Cset2, that's only for combos.

It works like this. When you're editing a combo, there are three boxes at the top--its picture, its solidity, and which corners Cset2 applies to. If you click and highlight a corner in blue, then type "1" in the Cset2 box, that corner will be one Cset higher than the rest of the combo--so if you're drawing in Cset 3, for example, the corner you highlighted will be in Cset 4, while the rest will be in Cset 3. You can use that to help break up the grid by having color transitions be separate from combo transitions.

Another way to use it is to turn on all four corners, and shift the Cset for the whole tile...that allows you to use enemy palettes for tiles, or to set up your combos so that they're all in the right Cset at the same time, and you don't have to keep switching Csets while building your levels.