PDA

View Full Version : Eye Toy for PS2

Rijuhn
12-10-2003, 12:49 AM
I went to EB Games today with my sister and they had set up an Eye Toy. This thing is really going to revolutionalize interactivity with your video game system. I can't really explain it because I still don't fully understand it. But basically it calculates your movements with a camera to detect you hitting the enemy. It's really fun and addicting because you actually move.

I think my sister actually used a muscle for once! Well, that's all I wanted to say. Anyone else seen this thing?

DeathLink
12-10-2003, 12:53 AM
lol, i just used it over at GameCrazy (buy/sell/trade), and i thought it was going to be real...stupid. but i started playing (some weird robot boxing game) and it was ADDICTING! the best part is, it doesnt know if its your finger/toung/fist flying at his face, thus making the game fun :D

MottZilla
12-10-2003, 01:49 AM
The commercials are really gay. But I don't know anything about the real product. Could be interesting I guess.

Cloral
12-10-2003, 02:28 AM
They used something similar to this at my school about 4 years ago. They had a basketball game where you stood in place and the basketball bounced around. You had to try to knock it into the basket for points.

Dr4g0n0FCh40s
12-10-2003, 04:15 AM
The commercials were stupid...

It looks like it could start something though.

Fiyerstorm
12-10-2003, 08:23 AM
When I first got my computer that came with a Logitech QuickCam, it came with this software that was games that require you use your webcam to play with. There was Pop the Bubbles, Bounce-It, Volleyball, and Basketball, lol.

It's just pretty much that on the PS2 but probably better. :heart:

vegeta1215
12-10-2003, 11:56 AM
I've played a few arcade games where you have to actually move to do stuff, and they're not very fun. This is probably because I like games that require quick reflexes and hand-eye coordination, and I can't move the rest of me as fast as I can move my hands and fingers. So, Eye Toy doesn't look very exciting to me.

deathbyhokie
12-10-2003, 12:10 PM
they had one set up at best buy a couple of weeks ago when i was last there. it was fun to mess around with, but i wouldn't buy one. after one serious game, you just start messing around(i seem to remember bitch-smacking the monkey thing repeatedly for over 75% of it's health).

TedHead
12-17-2003, 09:41 PM
Hooray for games that involve actual movement! Like... DDR ;) hehe

This isn't anything new, they've had this for a long time, it was just never really sold in stores or made popular as far as I know... I remember I went to this event with my family when I was about 6 and they had a giant line up of people wanting to try it out. That was long ago.

AlexMax
12-17-2003, 10:51 PM
I've actually attempted to use one at EB. It was quite possibly the most retarded thing I have ever done.

Though my friend managed to get a high score. He flipped off the camera when it took his picture for it.