PDA

View Full Version : Computer Games

Cloral
12-09-2003, 01:45 PM
Any recomendations on which computer game I should get?

vegeta1215
12-09-2003, 02:05 PM
What kind of game are you looking for? And what (if any) games do you already have?

I'm a big fan of all the Quake games, and also of the Warcraft and Starcraft games. They're sure to please :D

deathbyhokie
12-09-2003, 02:13 PM
if you want a strategy game with some real time battles, midievil: total war isn't bad. if ou want a strategy strategy game, civ 3 gold is out now(includes mutiplayer).

cyberkiller6276
12-09-2003, 05:04 PM
Homeworld 2. Game kicks ass. Not as good as the original, but a little more current.

If your a a diehard fan of LotR like me, get War of the Ring. Only worth if your a fan. Or you could wait until Middle Earth Online is out.

BTW, those bitches moved the release date back back until sept '04. >_<

Thunderbird
12-09-2003, 05:38 PM
Homeworld 2 is definitely on my list :). Just played through the demo (WAY too short, IMO) and it kicks ass. Especially since Homeworld is choking on my system :(.

Pablo
12-09-2003, 05:40 PM
Knights of the Old Republic owns my life. Can you say replay value?

Need For Speed Underground is good for racing and customization freaks, and it's a damned cool-looking game.

slothman
12-09-2003, 05:54 PM
I will have to second Civ3. It's got more moding abilities that ZC.

AlexMax
12-09-2003, 07:43 PM
Subspace (aka Continuum). Can you say "200 player servers"?

Once you figure out how to play, it'll become a game you return to again and again.

http://www.subspacehq.com

gdorf
12-09-2003, 09:21 PM
I just got need for speed underground. If you like racing games with more of an arcade feel than a simulation theme, I'd definately check it out.

Also, you can customize a lot of the visual aspects of your car.

Cloral
12-09-2003, 09:33 PM
Ah. I need to clarify a bit. I'm not a huge fan of strategy games. Never have been. They're just not my style. And I'm not interested in MMORPGs - basically anything I have to pay a monthly fee for is something I'm not gonna do. I like long engrossing games (hopefully not too complex though - I play games to not have to think too much since I get enough of that all day in school), but I also like simpler games that you can just pick up for a few minutes and have fun with. I thought THPS3 for the PC was a great game, and the online play was insanely fun. Something like that would be really nice.

DeathLink
12-09-2003, 10:29 PM
Delta Force 2, thats fun, i got it for $10 at fred myers, Quake games are fun, i dont really play games anymore tho, so i dont know of any new games. :spin:

sagelink
12-09-2003, 10:45 PM
Call Of Duty and VietCong are great titles to pick up. There is another Medal Of Honor game for the pc but I don't know what its called... it launched with PS2's MOH:RisingSun.. but anyways I reccomend those. (I am a fan of WWII games)

cyberkiller6276
12-10-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by AlexMax
Subspace (aka Continuum). Can you say "200 player servers"?

Once you figure out how to play, it'll become a game you return to again and again.
I didn't know you played. BTW, I've seen 500 for TW before. It's sad that testtube is retiring from SSCC.

Anyway, back on topic: I have not played KOTOR PC yet. I hav eto wait until christmas because frankly, I'm out of a job.

Originally posted by Thunderbird
Homeworld is choking on my system :(. Mine too. I can play it for about a half an hour and then my virtual memory craps out.

Pablo
12-10-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Cloral
I like long engrossing games (hopefully not too complex though - I play games to not have to think too much since I get enough of that all day in school), but I also like simpler games that you can just pick up for a few minutes and have fun with.

NFSU is a surprisingly deep game (the car customization options can get really involved) but it's also an entertaining pick-up-and-play game. Try the demo, it sounds like it's right up your alley.

Rainman
12-10-2003, 07:31 PM
Two games that I've enjoyed playing recently and are previously listed are Civ3 and Call of Duty.

DarkDragoonX
12-11-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Rainman
Two games that I've enjoyed playing recently and are previously listed are Civ3 and Call of Duty.

You have good taste.

I've been spending many of the last several months playing Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader and The Temple of Elemental Evil. Then playing them again. And again. I need help.

Anyone who doesn't have TRON 2.0 yet should rush out and buy it. And Clive Barker's Undying is one of the best FPS games ever made. Nowadays, it's part of the "EA Classics" collection and can be purchased for $10.

Oh, and if anyone tries to persuade you into purchasing Deus Ex: Invisible War, you should hit them. Hard.

linkofzelda1
12-12-2003, 01:33 AM
I hated Civ 3. The whole series sucked, IMO.

A great game is called Real Life, that someone posted earlier. :D

Man that's a good game. Gets old fast though.

ShadowTiger
12-12-2003, 01:06 PM
And I'm not interested in MMORPGs - basically anything I have to pay a monthly fee for is something I'm not gonna do. Hear Hear. :thumbsup: That's why Ultima X failed me. :glare:

I would highly recommend Ultima 9. It's a phenominal game, that just stole my very essence from my being and planted itself deep into the box which I now call home. :redface: :ooh:

I know it's more of a platformer, but Jazz Jackrabbit 2 is a phenominal game, with an extremely proficient engine, and a wonderous musical score. :ooh: I have all the mods, and.. they are absolutely phenominal.

And you can never go wrong with Starcraft. :thumbsup: I'm looking into getting Warcraft III though. I have heard its map editor can do anything. Happyman from PZC then reassured me, that it really CAN, in nearly twice the fashion that ZC can do anything. ;) (THAT, is very impressive. :naughty: )

Then there's NeverWinter Nights. I'll be getting this for my Birthday in 5 to 6 days. :) I'll tell you all about it! :kawaii: