PDA

View Full Version : Sigh... Some general trick help please?

DarkAvenger
12-09-2003, 12:02 AM
I know everyone has had (well most everyone...) this problem. Trying to attempt a trick you've heard about and seen done, but no f***in' clue how to do it after about 20 tests...

Well, here's my real question.

How do you make a fully functional house that you may put items in and specify room type and such?

Also which warps would you use and where would they be?

Like, if I wanted to have a different house for each item or info place, etc...

Right now I have a tile warp on the screen to the map with the screen with the house, and then I have a side warp in the house to the map with the building.

They're both set up as entrance/exits and I have all the guy/room type/sp. item/string set. But when I go in all I get is my lady (I'm using the fire trick for custom speakers.) waddling... no text or anything, but I can go in and out freely. Any help? Please?!
:confused:

trudatman
12-09-2003, 01:10 AM
Set the room type to shop. Set the shop type to, say, 7. Set shop type 7 to whatever items. Set guy to, say, Abei. Write a new string. Set the string to your new string. Set side exit warp with door direction set (usually to down). Have blue/green appear spots set in cave/shop and outside. Good luck.

Freedom
12-09-2003, 02:21 AM
You have to use a level number on the d-map

DarkAvenger
12-09-2003, 08:56 AM
:odd: So obvious... needed to set level number to d-map... >_< Well, thanks a lot. Finally time to get going on my quest again!

Edit: That still didn't work... Could someone explain in detail how they do it? I just don't get it... The item and string won't play unless the room is cave/shop, but I don't want that auto-assigned map for EVERY house and so on... Thanks.:(