PDA

View Full Version : Speed bump? I think not...

inori
12-07-2003, 11:58 AM
Apparently, Oklahoma got to thinking about the Sugar Bowl a bit too much, and forgot that they had to play one more football game beforehand.

Kansas State 35, Oklahoma (the supposed #1 team in the country) 7. Go 'Cats! (For those who don't know, I attended Kansas State as an undergrad.)

Master Ghaleon
12-07-2003, 12:08 PM
I was routing for Kansas State last night and watched the whole game. That was an ass kicking. I cant remember that small running back for Kansas state but they where comparing him to Dante Hall. That small dude was real fast. Im hoping its LSU and USC(I think thats the team) for the Sugar Bowl

MacWeirdo42
12-07-2003, 12:14 PM
OH GOD NO!!! I saw like 5 seconds of the game (not much of a sports fan, but I've gotta root for OU, I'm originally from Oklahoma), and it was the 4th quarter and I saw the score and I was just like "Okay, just turn it off." My God, absolutely atrocious. What happened? I mean, after beating A&M 77-7 or something like that... Way to ruin my day by bringing it up.

phattonez
12-07-2003, 02:00 PM
It was 77-0.

USC all the way! LSU should have never been #2. It's all about USC. USC vs. Oklahoma for the Sugar Bowl.

MacWeirdo42
12-07-2003, 06:00 PM
Oh yeah, right. Goddangit, that makes it even worse. I am so pissed off... AND I DON'T EVEN WATCH SPORTS! I find them dull and boring, and I have no clue how it is people can spend entire afternoons watching football, but it's a personal thing. All sorts of family connections and such. ARGH!!!

Tygore
12-07-2003, 06:21 PM
As an Oklahoma State fan, all I can say is "Sweet, sweet justice."

Kryten
12-07-2003, 06:56 PM
W00t-w00t! LSU is going to teh Sugar Bowl! And that means, if I decide to go, it's just a short drive away. ;)
This has been a great season for LSU, and I'm pretty confident that we're gonna kick some ass.
And for the naysayers - Bollocks to you! :waggle:

[EDIT]
Yah, Starkist, I didn't post that until the official results were announced. As for polls, they mostly reflect who they would like to see going, not how they will place statistically.

Starkist
12-07-2003, 07:13 PM
Most sportswriters are thinking that Oklahoma still has enough BCS clout to remain #1, and USC and LSU will be in a close race for #2. I think The Sugar Bowl should be USC vs. LSU, Oklahoma doesn't deserve a chance for the championship after that loss.

EDIT: Gaaah! I just read the updated BCS standings, and USC is #3! What a crock! #1 in both polls, but the almighty computers say #3? I'm starting to believe the conspiracy theorists who say the BCS is biased against the Pac-10...

Dechipher
12-07-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Tygore
As an Oklahoma State fan, all I can say is "Sweet, sweet justice."

Amen. I get my butt kicked daily for saying that, apparently the entire state is OU oriented. I live in oklahoma, so...meh.

MacWeirdo42
12-07-2003, 09:14 PM
No kidding! I can't believe it. I used to be from Oklahoma until I moved to Texas. Of course, now in Minnesota I'm the token Texan... Yeesh, Oklahoma people. I've only lived in Texas for the past several years. Whereabouts in Oklahoma?

Dechipher
12-09-2003, 11:01 PM
Bartlesville. Just 45 minutes north of Tulsa.

phattonez
12-09-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Starkist
Gaaah! I just read the updated BCS standings, and USC is #3! What a crock! #1 in both polls, but the almighty computers say #3? I'm starting to believe the conspiracy theorists who say the BCS is biased against the Pac-10...
It's a travesty. This was what the news was about on Sunday night. Although its bad, its sad to hear when sports is more important than real events.