PDA

View Full Version : Finals

Cloral
12-06-2003, 04:19 PM
It's finals time again here at UCSB. Although, in many ways, finals arn't a bad thing to me. For one, once you've had the final for a class, you never have to do anything for that class ever again. Also, it means that break time is almost here. And as long as you've been keeping up with the class, you really don't have to do any cramming. So far, I've had one of my 4 finals, and have another one today at 4pm. That's for CS170, which is generally considered to be the hardest undergrad computer science class here. It's operating systems, so you do things like implement system calls and virtual memory. Then I've got my AI final on tues and my oceanography final on wed. Then thrusday I get to drive eight hours to home.
Anyone else have finals around now? Any tough ones?

Dechipher
12-06-2003, 04:34 PM
Our district is so geh. We have finals the week AFTER break. I mean, wtf? We're gonna forget about everythign over the break. No one's gonna study, the break is for family. We give them 9 months out of the year for finals, why can't they give us two weeks to ourselves?

phattonez
12-06-2003, 05:46 PM
7 finals, 2 reports, 4 days. If that isn't work then I don't know what is. At least it's before Christmas break. Not to mention I just had two tests, one quiz, and a speech, in one day. It sucks to have finals after break, but driving eight hours sucks.

I gotta start on those reports. They're due next week.

Kirby of Doom
12-06-2003, 06:32 PM
This is my second set of classes since we do it in four terms instead of two semesters, although the year is still split into semesters.

LinktheMaster
12-06-2003, 09:11 PM
Yes, it's getting close to final time. Luckily, I can take away 1 final because of my grades. But, that leaves 5 finals. What I don't get is that we have a final in gym. :rolleyes:

Spiffy Enigma
12-06-2003, 09:38 PM
Finals week doesn't start for me until a week from Monday. I'm not worried about finals at all, but this week is going to be a pain. I have a portfolio to do for English Comp and six one-page summaries for Intro to Business. Both projects are due this Thursday. After this week, finals is gonna be a walk in the park.

Pablo
12-07-2003, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by Dechipher
Our district is so geh. We have finals the week AFTER break. I mean, wtf? We're gonna forget about everythign over the break. No one's gonna study, the break is for family. We give them 9 months out of the year for finals, why can't they give us two weeks to ourselves?

I have the same system, but I like it that way. Our finals supposedly only require about a week's worth of studying, and I'd rather not have my Christmas break ruined from worrying about my grade. :shrug:

vegeta1215
12-07-2003, 01:29 AM
My finals start on Dec 15th (my birthday! How cruel!)

I don't have many finals though. I don't have finals in either of my guitar classes since we just had our recital last monday. And for my parallel programming class we are just presented our projects. I do have a Psych 101 final which will be easy. A database final which is pretty much a take home (I'll be able to finish it way early and not even go to the final exam time!). And lastly my Human Geography final, which will be the hardest one cause it's alot of stuff to remember and kinda boring.

After that it's hello graduation! Woohoo!

inori
12-07-2003, 02:01 AM
I have to write some finals. It's a pain in the rear. Then after the test, I have to grade 250 copies of it. :sweat:

Tudorcat
12-07-2003, 03:08 AM
*YAY* Sweden, we dont do finals at all here. We just have "regular" tests every now and then depending on th size of the course.

:kitty:

Thunderbird
12-07-2003, 05:24 AM
I only have one class where I actually have to go into class and take a final exam. One other class has a take-home final and the third class has a skit for a final.

AlexMax
12-07-2003, 11:46 AM
I've got a final on Tuesday on black hisory and film (easy) and a final in Calc I (HARD!!!). Forgot when my other finals are, but they are Intro to Comp Sci and Music Appriciation, neither of which are hard.