PDA

View Full Version : Alphabetical Lightning

Rafnul
12-03-2003, 06:15 PM
1.97 seconds!

After years of trying, I finally typed the alphabet in under 2 seconds. For the last few months, I've been right on the edge, getting consistently high times of under 2.1, and as low as 2.01... and today, I just DID IT!

I feel like a million bucks. If anyone wants the program I used, I can upload it somewhere, its small 137k or something... I have no life... but I have mad 1337 alphabet skills, and that's as good as anything!

Master Ghaleon
12-03-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Rafnul
1.97 seconds!

After years of trying, I finally typed the alphabet in under 2 seconds. For the last few months, I've been right on the edge, getting consistently high times of under 2.1, and as low as 2.01... and today, I just DID IT!

I feel like a million bucks. If anyone wants the program I used, I can upload it somewhere, its small 137k or something... I have no life... but I have mad 1337 alphabet skills, and that's as good as anything!

Dude, thats sick man :tongue:

under 2 seconds? it takes me 2 seconds to type [to]

Ich
12-03-2003, 09:29 PM
Whoa. If it makes you happy, then I guess that's good. I'd never even thought about doing something like that. I used to test my speed with my digital watch, and I started and stopped the stopwatch as quickly as I could. I got as low as .15 seconds, never any further.

I feel secure in knowing that you could type the alphabet approximately 64 times in the amount of time that it would take me to solve a rubik's cube. My record wast just over 2 minutes, but now my cube is so worn down from me using it that I can't twist it as fast.

Oh, and do link the program.

Dechipher
12-03-2003, 10:55 PM
To quote Eckels...

I will simply say, please get out of the house more. I'm worried about you.

That pretty much sums it u p. :P

Rafnul
12-06-2003, 01:15 AM
Here's the program: Alphabet Challenge (http://rafnul.tripod.com/alpha.exe)(right-click, save target as)

If you think about it, all I have to do is practice about 10 minutes or less a week at this point... and I still don't even do that. Since I can type it in 2 seconds, that's 300 times in 10 minutes, or 200 if you factor in a little error here and there.

I usually just keep typing it wrong over and over, but always hitting the last letter before 2.5, then I just hit tab, enter, and restart... and I do it all over and over, until I type it that fast correctly. If I go "slow" and methodically, I can consistently get 2.75. But I know several individuals that have gotten as low as 1.65, and someone claims to have gotten 1.42... I don't know... I can't even hit the keys in under 2 seconds hardly, let alone the right ones.

Feasul
12-06-2003, 12:42 PM
I got 6.46875! :D

linkofzelda1
12-06-2003, 07:04 PM
I got around 5.something. I feel to fast at typing now.