PDA

View Full Version : MegaMan 2 in 29 minutes

LordMagus
12-02-2003, 06:53 PM
Here (http://batman.jypoly.fi/~c2236/mock.wmv) is a video showing MegaMan 2 being completed in 29 minutes. I found this on GameFaqs and thought I'd share it here.

To be honest, I looks like someone programmed MegaMan's movements through an emulater or something. Either way, it's pretty interesting to watch. Enjoy.

Thunderbird
12-02-2003, 08:24 PM
I find it interesting that the Japanese version of the game (which this video was done on) uses different colors in most of the areas o_O.

(EDIT)And I've noticed this was done by the same person who did a SMB3 video that was found to have used savestates to reload over 40,000 times. So it's likely that this video wasn't exactly a complete honest run-through either. But it's still an interesting watch :).

phattonez
12-02-2003, 09:29 PM
Even though it was obvious that this person saved and cheated his way through, he still has a lot of skill. I couldn't believe how fast he was at beating the bosses at the second to last level. I bet that he could get the fastest time without cheating.

Slider Zero
12-03-2003, 04:56 PM
There is no way that It's possible kill bosses that fast with just the buster....Something tells me that this vid is fixed...

edit: Also, im not too sure on this, but does metalman's weapon track?

Jedi{M}aster
12-03-2003, 06:07 PM
NO but you can half ass aim it. I was really impressed but the guy used some serious turbo or something. Megaman doesn't fire that fast. It was really cool to watch.

vegeta1215
12-03-2003, 11:48 PM
My friend showed me a video last week of this guy who beat the entire Quake 1 PC game on Nightmare difficulty in 12 minutes and 23 seconds! It is insane to watch. This player runs the entire time, dodges almost all the enemies, and uses rocket jumps/grenade boosts everywhere to pretty much pass every obstacle in the game to get the keys and get the hell out of there. His skill and timing are top notch. It's crazy. After seeing that, I believe anything.

MottZilla
12-04-2003, 12:26 AM
Slider, you should try Mega Man 2 again. On normal mode the buster DOES do LOTS of damage.

Also, you know when it comes to a game like Mega Man 2, all you have to do is record your trys and if you should fuck up, you scrap that recording, reload the previous state (or get back to the same position otherwise). So ya, you just have to paste together your best runs at every segment of the game.

Dr4g0n0FCh40s
12-04-2003, 04:57 AM
There was a mario 3 one that seemed pretty real... I don't have a link though.

EDIT: Nvm I didn't see the other post.

Thunderbird
12-04-2003, 08:23 PM
Mott: The game was being played in Hard Mode. Key indicator: The crab-like enemies on wheels in Bubble Man's stage take only one hit in Normal Mode. In Hard Mode, they lose their shells with the first hit (which was what was occurring here).

Brasel
12-04-2003, 08:54 PM
Also, I don't believe that the Japanese version of MM2 had a normal difficulty, and only the hard, but I could be wrong.

Gerudo
12-04-2003, 09:13 PM
i dont beleive you can use the weapons like he did and barely use the weapon energy...

i mean, look at how he used the quick boomerang...

nice trick on Bubble Man's stage though... props for that...

jman2050
12-05-2003, 10:54 AM
You can use lots of quick boomerangs and metal blades for their weapon energies. Also add the fact that you don't lose weapon energy if the quick boomerang comes back. That trick in Bubble Man's stage was really good. Also, I had no idea the air shot worked on Wood Man even through his leaves...

Slider Zero
12-05-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Mottzilla
Slider, you should try Mega Man 2 again. On normal mode the buster DOES do LOTS of damage.

Also, you know when it comes to a game like Mega Man 2, all you have to do is record your trys and if you should fuck up, you scrap that recording, reload the previous state (or get back to the same position otherwise). So ya, you just have to paste together your best runs at every segment of the game.

Ummm...Sorry. forgot abotu that, 'cept for the mior detail that I really don't know if the japanese version has a difficulty selection setting.

Mr. 207
12-05-2003, 10:38 PM
ehh its obviously fake. but still fun to watch. you can see plenty of inconsistencies if you pay attention though. (example: pay attention to his fight with Flashman)

besides, even if it were real, he cheated his way through the bubble man stage. and in addition to all of that, he shoots WAY to fast to not be cheating with game genie or some shit like that.