PDA

View Full Version : w00t! DSL!

Ich
12-02-2003, 06:20 PM
I got DSL today and I'm so happy! Whee! Now pages load faster! And music downloads quickly! To top it off, I just did a clean install of Windows 2000 from ME last night!

/me sings Ode To Joy in the original German!

AlexMax
12-02-2003, 06:43 PM
Once you have broadband, you'll never go back. Suddenly, the internet becomes a whole lot more useful.

Ganonator
12-02-2003, 06:52 PM
Oh baby! Not only do weenie songs load faster, I can look at 10 full blown pr0n websites at the same time!

As Alex said, after you get high speed, anything less seems like the stone age. After using a dedicated T3 at school my first year of college, I moved back to my parents house and dialup. I thought I was going to die.

Ich
12-02-2003, 06:59 PM
This is awesome! Now my pr0n can finally move!

Prrkitty
12-02-2003, 07:07 PM
Paul and I were on a T1 ... at the last apartment complex we lived at. Now granted it was shared over the whole complex but still... things loaded and moved fast.

But ya know... since moving to the new apartment and a cable modem... things download even faster.

And here I thought a T1 was the "cats meow".... <lol>

Master Ghaleon
12-03-2003, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by ICHBINDASWALROSS
I got DSL today and I'm so happy! Whee! Now pages load faster! And music downloads quickly! To top it off, I just did a clean install of Windows 2000 from ME last night!

/me sings Ode To Joy in the original German!

Oh hush :tongue:

/me is jealous

deathbyhokie
12-03-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Ganonator
As Alex said, after you get high speed, anything less seems like the stone age. After using a dedicated T3 at school my first year of college, I moved back to my parents house and dialup. I thought I was going to die.

if not for my nice hellafast connection at work i would die. we get a max speed of 36K at home. and there's not much we can do about it, since they haven't put in cable lines yet.

Slider Zero
12-03-2003, 04:34 PM
Well, ladies and gentlemen, I have a horror story for you. I am used to the blazing speed of a filtered T3 line. Let me do some math for you:

36 MB= 3 secs.

Thus said, when I was demoted to DSL, I was a little miffed. It wasn't until I had to go back to the stone age of 33.6k modems that I panicked. That was a NIGHTMARE!!!!!!