PDA

View Full Version : Old news New news

Jemsee
12-02-2003, 11:35 AM
I had bought the game LoZ Windwalker when it first came out so I could get the free MasterQuest.
I did not however have a GCube.
Well just about two weeks ago I broke down and invested into one.
I aslo picked up the RE game and Metroid.
I am not to far into it but I am enjoying the story/gamepaly/and GRAFX. I was still woundering if I would like them right up to the time I started playing but Windwalker gets my thumbs up.
I can only hope that this (the GCube) is not like another sNes or N64 in that they only make one or two Zelda games.
As far as I am concerned they could make a half doz and I'd buy em.
I would like to see young teen Link come back in a game though.
I really enjoyed playing him in LoZ:OoT.

vegeta1215
12-02-2003, 03:32 PM
I too wish they would make dozens of Zelda games. It's not gonna happen, but I can still dream. The Gamecube could last many many years, but the problem is technology is changing too fast and Nintendo has to keep making new consoles to keep up with the competition.

Anyways, this is the breakdown for Zelda games thus far:

NES: Legend of Zelda, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
SNES: A Link to the Past
Gameboy: Link's Awakening
Gameboy Color: Link's Awakening DX, Oracle of Seasons, Oracle of Ages
N64: Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask
Gameboy Advance: A Link to the Past/4 Swords
GCN: Wind Waker, OoT Master Quest, Zelda Collector's Edition

Also, there is a sequel to Wind Waker coming out next year, 4 Swords for the Cube, Tetra's Trackers, plus a brand new GBA Zelda. Hopefully the WW sequel will be darker themed like Majora's Mask, and I think the GBA Zelda is going to be in the same style as 4 Swords.

btw, nice choice on the Gamecube and those games. Zelda WW is awesome, and Metroid Prime alone is worth the purchase of a Gamecube. The new Mario Kart rocks too, as do many of the player's choice games like Smash Bros Melee which no GCN collection should be without.

Mak-X
12-02-2003, 05:13 PM
Did Sony reduce console life to 3 years? I don't think PS3 is due until about 2005, and PS2 came out Nov 2000.

I think 2 Zeldas per console generation is probably enough without wearing it out, they really don't have time to develop anymore than that really.

In recent news, Four Swords GC is coming out in February in Japan, and now includes Tetra's Trackers (a good move), which has been renamed to "Navitrackers", after navigation, not the fairy. There's also a 3rd mode called "Shadow Battle" which is a just a battle mode.

http://www.1up.com/article2/0,4364,1398224,00.asp
http://boards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=48868382&replies=16

vegeta1215
12-03-2003, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Mak-X
Did Sony reduce console life to 3 years? I don't think PS3 is due until about 2005, and PS2 came out Nov 2000.

Yeah, that was probably a little too bold of me saying that. I just don't like how fast technology is changing cause it forces upgrades. Not just on consoles but everything. The lifetime of consoles keep diminishing while games take just as long to make (if not longer due to graphical improvements). I'd rather have a longer console lifetime, with more games that weren't rushed to be finished.

In recent news, Four Swords GC is coming out in February in Japan, and now includes Tetra's Trackers (a good move), which has been renamed to "Navitrackers", after navigation, not the fairy. There's also a 3rd mode called "Shadow Battle" which is a just a battle mode.[/url]

Sweet! Now I don't have to buy two games! Very smart move by Nintendo. I can't wait! I love 4 Swords on GBA.

Jemsee
12-03-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by vegeta1215
Also, there is a sequel to Wind Waker coming out next year, 4 Swords for the Cube, Tetra's Trackers, plus a brand new GBA Zelda. Hopefully the WW sequel will be darker themed like Majora's Mask, and I think the GBA Zelda is going to be in the same style as 4 Swords.

btw, nice choice on the Gamecube and those games. Zelda WW is awesome, and Metroid Prime alone is worth the purchase of a Gamecube. The new Mario Kart rocks too, as do many of the player's choice games like Smash Bros Melee which no GCN collection should be without.

A sequel to Wind Waker and 4Swords for the GC sound like a great addition. Will look forward to it.
Considered getting 4Swords GBA but that would mean getting at least one more GBA and I read that it takes all four to complete some quests.
I would rather invest into 4 controllers than another GB.
I did pick up Mario Kart (actually my son did) and it is a lot of fun.
I like the battle modes where you just pick up bombs and throw them. Loads of fun.
Just loaded and looked at RE and have not even tried Metroid yet.
So many games and so little time.
Who has time to even think about new consoles?

vegeta1215
12-03-2003, 04:55 PM
I know how you feel Jemsee. There are alot of games I'd like to play, but I don't have the time. So, I have to settle with the "must haves", which for me include Zelda games, Metroid games, and misc others like any Secret of Mana series games and other RPGs or games that look too good to pass up.

For the LTTP/4 Swords game, you can play and beat the game with just 2 people. Of course, if you have 3 or 4 people the levels will be different (and bigger), but you only need 2 people. I'm glad of this because I only have one friend at home that plays GBA, and 4 Swords is too fun to miss out on!

I'm not sure what kind of requirements there will be for the Gamecube 4 Swords. btw, I'm glad you like Mario Kart DD Jemsee. It is such a fun game. Ooh, you said you like the battle modes right? Well, there are two additional battle mode stages you can unlock if you keep playing all the cups and modes and get gold trophies :D

Ganonator
12-03-2003, 05:13 PM
I just feel that Nintendo, releasing all of these bonus/collectors discs, would be extrememly silly when making the next system to not go with the PlayStation's backwards compatibility.

Maybe that's a hint as to why they are releasing all of this stuff for GCN...

As far as Zelda WW, I've been dissapointed about sequels before in this series, but I think if they use the same engine, it could work. And not all that damn water!

vegeta1215
12-03-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Ganonator
As far as Zelda WW, I've been dissapointed about sequels before in this series, but I think if they use the same engine, it could work. And not all that damn water!

Please tell me you're not refering to Majora's Mask, grrrrrrr :angry:

I do agree that Wind Waker had too much water. I think it would have been alot better if the overworld were 6x6 instead of 7x7. That and 1 or 2 more dungeons and at least 1 more "town" island. I still think it's a great game though