PDA

View Full Version : Mario Time Attack - Finally brought to AGN.

Linkafier
12-01-2003, 11:31 PM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=moSMB3.wmv

It took this guy 11 minutes to beat SMB3. Very cool. I wish I could do what that guy did. It takes a lon time to downlaod though.

Grasshopper
12-02-2003, 12:48 AM
And to think it only took THAT long because of the 4 auto scrolling levels. :laughing:

Gerudo
12-02-2003, 02:30 PM
that is totally insane... bouncing through the levels with little or no effort... :odd:

MacWeirdo42
12-02-2003, 04:33 PM
That is sick, man. Absolutely sick. How the heck can anyone do that? Oh well, I did learn a couple of tricks from that video, anyways. Such as, I've never been able to find my way through that last fortress (always just used the cloud from World 3 to skip over it, which was a serious detour when using the warp whistles). Also, that trick with the 1UP in Bowser's castle was pretty cool. And wow, that was just obscene getting all those free extra lives from the first tank level. I never even knew about that trick.

Zaggarum
12-02-2003, 08:30 PM
Damn! thats amazing. I can't believe that this guy had thus much time on his hands to actully get this good. Wheres his life?

phattonez
12-02-2003, 10:45 PM
Skipped right over the levels that grab you
Got 76 lives, in one level
Got to the end with two whistles
Got to the clouds as a little man
Had every jump perfect
Fast times
Need anything else? ITS FAKE!!!! This guy has waaaaaaaaay too much time on his hands. I don' t even want to know how many times he saved. The number must be incomprehensible.

AtmaWeapon
12-02-2003, 10:47 PM
Well, seeing as he's had some 10+ years to practice, I don't think its a fake. After watching Metroid Prime, Super Metroid, Bionic Commando, Super Mario Bros., Quake I, Quake I in reverse order, Quake I 100%, Quake II, and Quake III speedruns, I think some people are just really good at video games.

Dart Zaidyer
12-02-2003, 11:20 PM
And I thought Metroid players were the only ones who could wrap a game around their little finger like that...

Dracula
12-02-2003, 11:37 PM
That's like the 8-bit Tony Hawk's Pro Skater right there!!! :odd: All I can say is... holy shit on a stick.

Thunderbird
12-03-2003, 12:15 AM
It is a fake. As I mentioned in another thread (the MM2 one), this guy used savestates over 40,000 times (that was the reload count).

phattonez
12-03-2003, 02:12 AM
I guess the luck that he had en every single aspect of that runthrough is skill. Sure. He didn't have to go through any of the levels where they grab you. He also did not slip on anything. The best players slip he and there. That runthrough is impossible without saving.

Thunderbird, where did you find this information?

Thunderbird
12-03-2003, 02:35 AM
The movie was discussed at length on the Twin Galaxies forums.

Grasshopper
12-03-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by phattonez
He didn't have to go through any of the levels where they grab you.

:odd: And I've have had that happen to me. I'm not that good at the game, but it is possible to go across that bridge without getting grabbed. Its shear luck but it happens.

Mak-X
12-03-2003, 01:40 PM
Here's the topic on twin galaxies
http://www.twingalaxies.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1726&highlight=smb3+11+minutes

Yeah, I've gone through that part in Dark Land where the hands grab you without being grabbed, its just luck. I usually get Mario moving fast on the map and zip through hoping they won't grab me.

Monkeyshine
12-03-2003, 03:03 PM
It's not real. Watch the time at the bottom of the screen. The time is six seconds. Play SMB3 and see how fast the clock moves in comparison with the movie. Great job with the effects though.

Slider Zero
12-03-2003, 04:48 PM
.............I'll have to take a look at this once I get my home comp back up to speed. Until then I'm stuck with these crappy (yet amazingly fast) university comps.

Edit: Seen it, Know he used a GG, and thus invalidated the entire run. Thre is no way that some of those cannonballs should not have hit him....But then again, this IS the japanese version....

Gerudo
12-04-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Monkeyshine
It's not real. Watch the time at the bottom of the screen. The time is six seconds. Play SMB3 and see how fast the clock moves in comparison with the movie. Great job with the effects though. when you are running and your P-meter is flashing, time slows down... but only when you are running at full speed...

edit:
the idiots at the other forum say you cant bounce on his head or kill him with fireballs...

Zaggarum
12-07-2003, 01:36 AM
i was trying to use some of these tricks, but i just can't do them. How the hell does he keep the "p" meter up when he touches teh ground? Does he like just touch the ground for a split second?