PDA

View Full Version : Glenn's new friend.... nah..

Ganonator
12-01-2003, 09:50 PM
After living as an only child for the last 5 years of my life, I learned that it is very important to outsource to others for moral integrity and try to be as good to these people as possible.

Moving to college this year, I had to go back to the basics as I moved into a small apartment with 4 other gamers. Possibly the biggest mistake I've made so far, but I've learned a bit about people and how much they suck.

It finally hit me a few days ago that one of the guys that I had gotten along with so well was a real egocentric asshole.

It starts about the conversation of conservation (say that 5 times fast) of energy, where he insists his computer stays on all night long. Obviously, there are special circumstances like downloading the latest illegal software, but to just idle is ridiculous. We also argued about his constant use of the oven, where he insists on using the range for everything from chicken nuggets to 3 mini-pizzas. We all are baffled about the electricity bill every month, and its pretty obvious the issues involved.

He has a real problem with one of our other roomates, I don't know if it's because the other guy is black, or a Jehova's Witness, or that he has complete social issues, but my roommate insists that he plays practical jokes on him whenever possible. He'll sit in his bedroom and call the apartment on his cell phone throughout the entire night, only to laugh and hang up before Kevin answers.

I had some friends over playing Double Dash!! the other day, and I accidentally wiped out the scores by hitting back one too many times. One kid laughed and referred to it as 'Pulling a Colin' because he does that whenever he is losing. Colin comes out of his room just livid that we would say such a thing, and that that kid had better shape up if he was ever going to come over to my apartment again and play his games.

If you are still reading, I thank you, because this last issue pisses me off most of all.

We get the new Zelda Collectors disc in the mail, and Colin wants to play Zelda 1. However, he doesn't want to play it and 'waste time on it', he just wants to play though, but makes sure I am in the room to tell him what to do.
He had beaten level 2, and asked where level 3 was. I say, "3 screens left of the starting screen." He dies, and goes back to the beginning (full hearts, mind you, which really makes me more angry) and starts going left until he is here -
http://www.thedpshack.com/2left.gif
and bitches that he can't go any farther left. He then kills everything on the screen and waits for me to tell him where to go, since he can't go any farther left.

I told him that he was acting like a child for not using any reasoning. He threw his controller at me and stormed out of the room. I simply laughed.

After he came back and started again, I say 'why are you playing if you have to have the game laid out for you?'
"because," he says, "I want the experience of beating Zelda 1 by myself."

*b*
12-01-2003, 10:02 PM
:odd: ...wow... he sounds like a real jackass. I couldn't help but laugh at the last part, about him wanting to beat Z1 by himself through you :p

he dosen't sound very bright either. I mean, all he has to do is go up and around that screen, right?

congrats, though, on getting the bonus disk :shrug:

~cydlet~
12-01-2003, 10:04 PM
dude, you totally have my sympathies. There's a reason i live alone, and you just cited several of them!!

a friend of mine would call this AFOG: Another F*cking Opportunity for Growth.

hang in there, man. the universe has a way of getting even with jerks like this.

AlexMax
12-01-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Ganonator
After he came back and started again, I say 'why are you playing if you have to have the game laid out for you?'

This guy is a joke. :rolleyes:

Ganonator
12-02-2003, 02:00 AM
About 5 minutes after I posted this, he comes to me for help in level 9 because he is completely stuck, he's out of keys, doesn't know where to go, and just angry.

I say to him, "You can't beat it without the master key from level 8" and he says,
"Why are you always such a fucking prick? I was just in level 8, now I have to go back there."

I guess LoZ isn't for everybody.

inori
12-02-2003, 05:43 AM
BTW, it is entirely possible to beat level 9 without the Magic Key... provided you play intelligently. I played through LOZ earlier this week, and had about 13 or so keys stockpiled when I collected the Magic Key in level 8. This is without buying any keys... I simply avoid locked doors by using bombs and such, whenever possible. Given that many shops sell keys, it's possible to just build up a huge pile of keys, provided you're willing to waste time accumulating money.

That, however, does not change the fact that your roommate is apparently a moron. I hope, for your sake, that you signed separate leases. Unless you have a way out, though, try not to antagonize him more than necessary; he's almost certain to do so in response, and you'll just end up making your own life miserable. :(

Ich
12-02-2003, 01:05 PM
People can be real assholes. I'm glad I share a room with my brother for now, so once I go to college, I'll have practice living with other people.

Goat
12-02-2003, 09:15 PM
What do you mean an only child for teh last 5 years? I thought you had a sister.

Ganonator
12-03-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Goat
What do you mean an only child for teh last 5 years? I thought you had a sister.
Correct, I do have 3 older siblings, but they were out of the house when I was in 8th grade. Since then, I lived as the only child all through highschool, and didn't have any roomates last year in college... I guess my karma is catching up with me

cyberkitten
12-03-2003, 02:47 AM
umm...want me to come kick him in the head for ya? it'll be like a christmas present for both of us!
and hell, since i'm apparently going to try to turn da gay lion straight (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?postid=898674#post898674), maybe we'll get to answer your "can i have sex with a girl" question :D

Master Ghaleon
12-03-2003, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Ganonator

We get the new Zelda Collectors disc in the mail, and Colin wants to play Zelda 1. However, he doesn't want to play it and 'waste time on it', he just wants to play though, but makes sure I am in the room to tell him what to do.

He had beaten level 2, and asked where level 3 was. I say, "3 screens left of the starting screen." He dies, and goes back to the beginning (full hearts, mind you, which really makes me more angry) and starts going left until he is here -

and bitches that he can't go any farther left. He then kills everything on the screen and waits for me to tell him where to go, since he can't go any farther left.

:redface: That pisses me off too, friends would come over and play Lunar and ask me every 10 seconds where to go or what to do next. It got very annoying after a little bit of "David how do i do this" and "David how do I get there" I mean, I dont mind helping them out a little bit if they were absolutely stuck because sometimes they act like they couldnt go anywhere and ask me for help just to hurry up and get through the game. Pretty much they werent in any level close to go through some of those caves/battles and they kinda stopped playing the game.

Originally posted by Cyberkitten
umm...want me to come kick him in the head for ya?

Ill join ya in the kicking parade ;)

Zeo
12-03-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by cyberkitten
umm...want me to come kick him in the head for ya? it'll be like a christmas present for both of us!
and hell, since i'm apparently going to try to turn da gay lion straight (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?postid=898674#post898674), maybe we'll get to answer your "can i have sex with a girl" question :D

Thinking on that, and now that i ahve some confirmation, do you think that might be why he's doing it to you specifically? IF oyucan get a reasonble case that he's doing itout of hate, you can get him booted from the dorm, FTL speed. Colleges have to be SO Political Correct now, that they won't hesistate.

Heck, my college in the boonies of the world has "Sexaul safe spots" when I don't think there's any attending the school. At least I haven't noticed any.

TheGeepster
12-05-2003, 02:24 PM
It does seem that there are some out there who
lack skill in the area of critical thinking

(If you can't get there by going straight, try finding a path around the obstacle in your path.

You're not beating it completely on your own if you're using someone else's brain to find everything out.

Etc.)

Just a small note, I registered to get the Zelda CE disk, because it's $20 whether I do that or buy it used from GameStop. (Refuse to pay $40-50 on Ebay as well.)