PDA

View Full Version : Non-ZC Friendly games

*b*
11-30-2003, 11:28 PM
have any of you found a game that was so fun, but there was no possible way to make it in ZQuest? I've got a few, like Fire Emblem, and Mario and Luigi. I've actually ripped some sprites and palletes, but I've never used them in their own game, I usualy grab them into another quest. but now to my question... have any of you done something like this? if so, what games did you try to emulate into ZQuest?

Crazy_Link
12-01-2003, 06:25 AM
I dont thinkI have ever tried to get a sprite, pallete, ect. from another game, but I know a lot of people have tried (and still trying) to get Pokemon palletes and such... ;)

ShadowTiger
12-01-2003, 03:37 PM
I've got stuff from the SNES game Wing Commander. ;) There are no tiles whatsoever that can be used in a normal quest. Still, I'll be using quite a few of them. :naughty:

*b*
12-01-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Crazy_Link
I dont thinkI have ever tried to get a sprite, pallete, ect. from another game, but I know a lot of people have tried (and still trying) to get Pokemon palletes and such... ;)

but Pokemon tiles can be used in ZC rather well. Not that I'd know.. of course :eyebrow:

now Fire Emblem, that's hard. almost ALL the sprite tiles are over 16 x 16 pixels. only the standing sprites are 16 x 16 pixels, and there's even a few exeptions there!

if only ZC could be able to have 16+ x 16+ pixel sprites...

ShadowTiger
12-01-2003, 03:56 PM
While that seems rather unreliable, you can always just take a snappy, (AKA, Screenshot.) and reduce the size in Paint to the more desirable 16x16 state. That's what I do. :shrug: Seems to work.

*b*
12-01-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Britannianhero4
While that seems rather unreliable, you can always just take a snappy, (AKA, Screenshot.) and reduce the size in Paint to the more desirable 16x16 state.

or, I could just draw it myself :shrug: I did that with my Marth sprite and that came out rather nice :)

Foxx
12-05-2003, 06:07 AM
Any game that's a side scroller is going to present a big challenge, especially if gravity in the vertical dimension is a feature. Zelda II, Prince of Persia, and Blackthorne are just a few examples.

DarkFlameWolf
12-05-2003, 09:56 AM
yeah, porting Startfox to the ZC would take an amazing feat of graphic trickery. :P

KinkoBlast
12-05-2003, 05:52 PM
for anything more comlicater than a z1 style quest, i use the Graal Online (http://www.graalonline.com) engien, it has basicly everythin zc does, a flexable gfx engien, and gscript, a c-based scripting language.

But ZC is still beter for the avrage quest.

Demimore
12-15-2003, 10:57 AM
I am silently and slowly working on a Mario quest. And I tried to make a fly-in-the-space quest. Like Gradius. But it didn't turn out good.

VGWarrior
12-15-2003, 07:47 PM
Don't...remind me...of Graal......no longer free. :angry:

As for a tough non-ZC game...how about Hylide?