PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Midi

Dechipher
11-30-2003, 08:11 PM
I've recently arranged a Zelda tune, the first in what is planned to be a long line of Zelda arrangements, eventulaly forming an opera type thing. This is the First, hence the title, "The Legend of Zelda: Overture" (http://angelfire.com/music5/jandl/jaymz/ZOverture.mid)

cyberkiller6276
11-30-2003, 08:55 PM
Awesome.

I'd have to say Decipher, you have great composing skills.

Only one thing bothers me. Go back and check the rhythm of the main tune. It just doesn't feel right. Either you are skipping a note in some places or the rhythm was just mistaken.

I'm sorry if I'm the big criticizer here.

Dechipher
11-30-2003, 09:30 PM
Nah, I like positive criticism. It helps.

I'm not exactly clear on what you mean...I do know that I wrote this in 12/8 time because Noteworthy composer can't handle double triplets or anything...so I did switch some 16th notes to 8th notes.

Master Ghaleon
11-30-2003, 10:31 PM
Damn, thats pretty good man. :thumbsup:

cyberkiller6276
11-30-2003, 10:38 PM
Meh, I didn't know it was 12/8, I assumed that if it was cunducted in 4 it was 4/4 time. Maybe thats the reason. :shrug:

Zorch
12-01-2003, 01:15 AM
mmmmmmmmmm good midi... goooood....

I can smell the nostalgia :D

Mitsukara
12-01-2003, 03:39 PM
Very nice work, Dechipher. I like it. It kind of reminds me of the LA credits music version of the theme, though, for some reason... was that intentional?

Very impressive. I've messed around with remixing MIDIs some, but I have no idea what I'm doing as to adding original portions to songs or anything like that... all I've ever really done are instrument and tempo changes:P You seem to be skilled at doing so, however, so I'm glad for you. :)

ShadowTiger
12-01-2003, 03:44 PM
:clap: Very nice, Dechipher! :kawaii: This is one for the hard drive. ;) Maybe I could use this in ZC too. :) .. Was that your original plan for it, or was this just for fun?

Axel
12-01-2003, 04:23 PM
Now that's good stuff. Great work!

Dechipher
12-01-2003, 05:36 PM
I never really write anything intentionally, which is why I said that a Zelda Opera thing was sorta planned. I'm working on a Symphony au Dungeon right now.....;)

Radium
12-02-2003, 12:18 AM
Awesome job man, I like it. :D

SUCCESSOR
12-02-2003, 12:27 AM
You got a thing for G Major don't you?

Dracula
12-02-2003, 12:40 AM
That's a kickass remix you made yourself. Sounds like something Koji Kondo would compose just for Zelda. Very nice. :thumbsup:

Dechipher
12-02-2003, 09:06 PM
G major = Eminor = The shiznit.

E minor is my second favorite key, C minor being my favorite, because E minor is more suited for guitar type stuff. I write in other keys, mostly minors. I'm not too good at majory stuff...this song itself actually switches to Gm halfway throught the phrase.

SUCCESSOR
12-02-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Dechipher
G major = Eminor = The shiznit.

E minor is my second favorite key, C minor being my favorite, because E minor is more suited for guitar type stuff. I write in other keys, mostly minors. I'm not too good at majory stuff...this song itself actually switches to Gm halfway throught the phrase.

I always liked Dm F#m and Bb. Cm is also good. It's great for simple love songs. I really can't stand Cmaj anymore. I guess that's what Piano lessons do to ya.

Guardian
12-02-2003, 11:07 PM
I like it. It's sweet. Mellow. Better than dope!

Dechipher
12-02-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Guardian
I like it. It's sweet. Mellow. Better than dope!

Er...Thanks...I think...

And SUCCESSOR...C#minor is another fave of mine...I agree about C major. It's so simple, although to hear it occasionally is okay. It's mostly good for warming up and such.
Dm is better suited for sadder songs, or more determined, brassy kind of stuff, like the Terminator Theme, in my opinion. I'm trying to use more B major and Bb minor keyed songs, because those are like the two least used keys.