PDA

View Full Version : signs and people

Dogchew9
11-30-2003, 05:14 PM
How do i make signs and people talk

Zelda_Warrior
11-30-2003, 06:09 PM
I know how. I have a quest that's an exellent example called Oracle of Hyrule. People and signs are the same, only people have a different sprite. To find out how, because i'm lazy to tell you, go find a post somewhere that's called "Would You Like To Make a Contribution To The Zquest Tutorial?" And it tells you there.

Dogchew9
11-30-2003, 06:16 PM
where would that post be?

Zelda_Warrior
11-30-2003, 06:36 PM
The post is one of the posts at the top of Editor Help that says FROZEN: It is pretty much right above this thread.

idontknow
11-30-2003, 06:49 PM
..or you could just look in my signature below & click the link to to my zquest tutorial--i think i have a section in there about making signs & people talk--if not, you can find how to make signs & such in various other posts around the forums--

<<<IN A NUT SHELL>>>

You need to have a tile warp in front of a guy or sign & have it instantly warp you to a duplicate room on a dungeon or cave type dmap w/ a level # >0. This room should have a "guy" sprite & a message string set..if you don't want to have a "guy" appear because you have already placed a guy combo in the room, then set the "guy" type to fire or something & replace the tiles for the "fire" guy w/ blank, transparent tiles...now make this duplicate warp back to the original room