PDA

View Full Version : Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix

War Lord
11-30-2003, 03:28 AM
My fiance bought this for the xbox today.
We only got to play very little earlier, but while I did ok on the slower songs, the faster songs were just insane.

I know I'll get better with more practice obviously, but any tips?

Any anyone wanna play on live?
:)

Thunderbird
11-30-2003, 04:06 AM
Is Lesson Mode in there anywhere? If so, take a look at it. If not, somebody needs to smack Konami of Hawaii upside the head for leaving it out :P. Use Training Mode to get the hang of some songs.

One of the things I'd recommend trying to do is try to follow the beat of the song, ignoring the flashing beat of the arrows (of course this could be rather difficult for a beginner.

Of course the #1 thing is practice.

BTW, wait till you see what MAX 300 looks like :P.

me2
11-30-2003, 11:05 AM
Heh. I can do up to 9 feet on insane for the controller and 7 feet insane for the pad. I bet you couldn't beat me. Although I'm not unbeatable on pad. :D

Ultra22Lemming
11-30-2003, 04:59 PM
I think I can do 6 feet on keyboard and only 4 feet on pad :(. One minor reason I'm bad might be because I can't hold down a freeze arrow (I'm too light :() If I get PS2 with DDRMAX2 for Christmas I might get better ... :shrug:

Thunderbird
11-30-2003, 05:32 PM
Being too light to hold a freeze actually comes from weak sensors at the arcade. I've never had the problem of being too light though. Holding freeze arrows on a softpad won't be much of a problem for you though. Although sticky arrows will eventually become a problem if you have a softpad (I have a pair of Cobalt Flux hard pads though ;)).

Also, try Training Mode on a slower speed to get the harder songs. It took me about a year before I was able to pass a 9 footer, and I still haven't passed a 10 :P (and I've been playing for about a year and a half now).

AlexMax
12-01-2003, 09:47 AM
oh my god...

In any case, stay out of the center. That's what most newbies do, and it messes them up when they can't hit arrows fast enough.

I suggest putting your left foot on the left arrow and using your right foot to hit the other three. Much better.

MANDRAG GANON
12-01-2003, 10:16 AM
I recently looked at the song list for this game.....thank god you can download sound packs theres like 20 songs XD
Definately don't return to the centre after every step. Do what Alex said only you should use your strongest leg for the 3 buttons although eventually you will have to get out of that too and use what ever leg to press what ever button. crossovers etc. Thats only really in level 9 songs though so. Also I know a guy who plays using his right leg for up and right and his left leg for down and left....he doesnt do crossovers or anything and its surprising how well he can do. Hes better than I am XD he looks like hell when hes playing though.
Try to remember repeated step patterns. Some Patterns are in often. It will help you alot in higher level songs. Listening to the beat of the song helps alot....and once the arrow passes the top....you cannot hit it lol so dont hit the button 50 times afterwards. Try to be light on your feet.

War Lord
12-02-2003, 10:35 AM
You have it yet Alex? If not i'm very suprised since you were nutting yourself over the very thought of this game a while back.

You need it so we can play..

AlexMax
12-03-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by War Lord
You have it yet Alex? If not i'm very suprised since you were nutting yourself over the very thought of this game a while back.

You need it so we can play..

Still nutting myself over it, but I'm waiting for the 'game by itself' release that will be out (according to Gamefly) around the 11th. I already have two awesome PSX dance mats, why do I need to waste money and space on a third? Of course, this means that you won't be able to hear me durring Xbox Live play, plus it will show up that I am using a controller, but oh well...

Though I could sell one of my PSX mats and one of my copies of DDRMAX2. I hardly ever play doubles...

Thunderbird
12-03-2003, 10:10 PM
A word of warning: One person I know was using a converter, and could not find a way to turn the corner buttons off. I think the game turns them on and off according to what controller it sees you using, which is a stupid idea because of the converters.

Oh, and from what I hear, you will take a load of shit on Live for appearing to use a controller.