PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Six 3 - Whats your favorite loadout?

AlexMax
11-28-2003, 05:17 PM
For the record, I'm talking about the Xbox version, not the PC version.

What is your favorite weapon loadout when playing online...or hell, just going through single player?

(By the way, the .50CAL, or the Barrett M82A1, doesn't count in my books. They messed it up, you aren't supposed to be able to shoot a friggin sniper rifle from the hip like you can online. But if you're good, you should be able to own the 50CAL newbies anyway. I've seen it done. For CS vet's, the 50CAL is the equivilent of the AWP. Perhaps if they balanced it a tad through the next DLC...)

Mine would have to be the following...

* H&K G3A3 Assault Rifle with Mini-Scope

Sure, it only has a 20 round magazine. But it fires the ultra powerful 7.62x51mm NATO round that can really fuck up most enemies. Sure the G3C6 has a 30 round magazine, but the G3A3 is the most accurate assault rifle in the game, not to mention that it has the 3.5x scope to use with it, and if you control your fire, you can take down people rather quickly. And if you don't get them with the first burst or two, you still have about a dozen to about 15 rounds to go toe to toe with them. If that doesn't work...

* IMI Desert Eagle

The Desert Eagle is .50 calibres of pistol goodness, and is what I pull out for when I need a guarenteed kill up close. Useful when sneaking up behind .50CAL newbies and going straight at the head. They aren't getting back up, guarenteed. Of course, it's a last resort when going toe to toe, and when my G3A3 is out of ammo and I don't have time to reload. I just pull out the Eagle, retreat using it and move to a safer spot where I can reload my G3A3. Of course, if that's not an option, it's still entirely possible to down someone with this bad boy. If they're moving around, however, the 7 round magazine could be quite limiting.

* Flashbang Grenade

This is a fun grenade. It's a great way to blind the shit out of people who aren't expecting it. It has won me kills on many occations by catching people unnaware. Or if they know it's coming, they at least have to compensate for it, which they may or may not be able to to effectively. Most other people use Frag or WP grenades, but anyone who is half aware can avoid them with ease. And Tear Gas shouldn't ever be a problem if you have a...

* Gas Mask

I sometimes substitute a Gas Mask for Frags or WP grenades once I've estabilshed that no one uses Tear Gas, but usually, I take a gas mask into combat. Just in case someone thinks its a smart idea to use tear gas. Which it usually isn't, at least not for more than one round, because once you use it once, everyone will start using a mask. But at least with having a mask in the first place, I'm not caught off guard.